That's not good. Is there any way I can test those sensors? They are the round black fittings with yellow stickers that are mounted inline with the heat strips wiring, right? I assume I measure across for continuity, but I guess I don't understand how the limit switch would protect the wire from overloading & melting like it did, like a fuse or breaker could. Isn't the function different?Originally Posted by jtrammel
The connection that melted was the push-on at one of the heat strips. It's literally burned through the wire. Does that mean anything?Originally Posted by fliks
Thanks for all the info guys, I really appreciate it.