Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I can't remember all the posts now but an off balanced blower wheel could have contributed to its failure.

Quote Originally Posted by toocoolforschool View Post
    I don't want to get too negative but if you have so much experience why all the problems.
    No it dosen't start there but in your wallet and you family looking at dad like he has lost his mind.

Ceramic.

It probably is. Time to have the heat pack checked out too.
    Maybe bad parts? The HVAC people who sold me the motor watched the video I posted and said the cage is probably defective. Would you agree, especially considering my re-adjusting it "solved" the noise issue? They suggested I buy a new cage.

Anyway, the focus on me doesn't really help me.

As far as the motor being sized wrong, all that we can basically deduce from that is that the HVAC techs who came out are stupid and/or dishonest, and I am gullible and/or stupid to believe them. Either way, they're coming out again and I'm hoping I don't get screwed over. Any expert advice I can glean from this thread is greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by fliks View Post
    I can't remember all the posts now but an off balanced blower wheel could have contributed to its failure.
    Thank you for the additional vote of "bad cage".

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie james View Post
    The HVAC people who sold me the motor watched the video I posted and said the cage is probably defective. .... They suggested I buy a new cage.

Anyway, the focus on me doesn't really help me. ....

Thank you for the additional vote of "bad cage".
    Okay so the people in the business of selling parts who sold you a part now wants to sell you another part... Do you see the trend here.

Help you! We told you to call a tech. They diagnosed it a bad motor, you replaced it and warped the fan in the process, but now it's a stupid tech.... and my focusing on the fact you don't know what you are doing is not helping.

And now that you have gotten enough "votes" for bad cage you are going to try and replace that yourself too I'm sure.

All jokes aside, you could be a smart guy. You say you know all of these fields of knowledge but you are worried about transformer hum, don't know what causes a wire terminal to burn, didn't know to look at the data plate on the unit THAT SHOWS THE FAN SIZE, but I shouldn't worry that you are competent enough not to get hurt.

The technician diagnosed the problem as the cage being out of balance. He said clean or replace it, so I chose the former. While I had everything out I verified the ceramic piece was not from my heat pack. Put everything back together, turned it on, everything works fine.

A BIG thanks to everyone who helped, and have a happy Christmas!

wow.
    My name is TooCoolforschool and I am a chronic over charger.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234