+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kold Draft

Post Likes

Kold Draft

Has anybody else had the pleasure of working on these new style Kold Drafts that have had a surge on the market? If so how do you feel about all there issues? I wish they would figure out how to engineer a ice maker that can run in Montana and down in Texas like all the other mfg's can do.

What's your spin on them?

Post Likes
    I have only worked on 2 machines that were in the same restaurant. Had nothing but problems them. A lot of issues with harvests, and a couple of factory leaks. We ended up replacing them with Manitowocs.

Post Likes
    We just installed one, what a nightmare. Biggest problem we have is availability of parts. I told customer if it breaks order ice then call me. If it needs a part your sol till it comes in. Second problem nobody knows how to work on them.

Post Likes
    There are a couple of new ones in service around my area. No major problems yet, and they have almost been running for a couple of years now. Hoshi is bringing their IM series square cubers to the USA any day now. They are pretty much exactly the same as Kold Draft I think, only they are more expensive!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MicahWes View Post
    There are a couple of new ones in service around my area. No major problems yet, and they have almost been running for a couple of years now. Hoshi is bringing their IM series square cubers to the USA any day now. They are pretty much exactly the same as Kold Draft I think, only they are more expensive!
    that was the first cuber Hoshi started with in the US probably 25 yrs ago or longer, they were a nightmare......

Post Likes
    There are a lot of the newer style kold drafts and the older ones that we work on. Not a big fan of them, I don't see why an ice machine manufacturer can't get their charge properly. The instructions state that you must calculate the line set exposed to above 70 degerees and line set exposed to under 70 degreees. Why can't you have the same charge as all the other mfg, I don't think the engineers know what they are doing.

Post Likes
    I checked the Hoshi web page and they are coming out with a 500 lb square cuber, hope it's better then what's out there now

Post Likes
    Unfortunately our company gets all the warranty work on these. Long story short we are constantly in contact with Kold Draft and the main issues we have are with the swing arms and springs wearing out. They also have a lot of water and harvest issues.

In the end they are very touchy machines and require a lot of attention.

They have updated the board but you will have to replace the whole thing and have to ship back the old board and they send a new one. They don't have a USB drive like the manitowoc indigos.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in