Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

non contact voltage detector

Saw a new duel voltage non contact detector at H D made by KLEIN.Anyone tried one yet?

I just picked one up this week. Works just fine.

I just bought one. I had to read the directions on what the three lights mean. It is a dual voltage detector, but can be switched
    to a high voltage only by the push of the button. You can also silence it, which I prefer. But, I have to silence it every time I turn it on...
    Hvac Maniac

"A negative attitude cancels out positive skills."

don't ever trust one of those with your life.....no matter what brand it is.

Quote Originally Posted by 71CHOPS View Post
    don't ever trust one of those with your life.....no matter what brand it is.
    x2, my fieldpiece hs36 has an ncv button that i use sometimes but i ALWAYS double check with meter leads.

I've never had a problem with the few Fluke noncontact voltage detectors ( and a milwaukee). I mainly use them to see if a wire is energized when troubleshooting. I never use it in any situation where i would be cutting or touching any of the leads/legs. I always double check with my DMM. I also always check the NCV detector on known lives wires before i even begin to use it.

Its just a device to do a quick check to see if there is any voltage present. Always use a DMM before preforming a repair or modifiying any electrical component or device. Also ALWAYS check the devices operation on a known live wire before using. Cheers

I have been using the last couple of weeks as a back up. It is nice, and its KLEIN! Not that I'm biased at all.........

Got one also it works great for trouble shooting safeties and pressure switches

The Fieldpiece SC77 has a NCV function in the jaws (24-600volts at 50-60 Hz). Handy when you NCV stick isn't around. Always confirm no voltage by confirmed working DMM before touching circuits.

My SC77 obviously has that function. I only use it because it makes a cool sound. Other than that I don't trust it

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

A coworker has one, I don't like it. Too many butttons to push (LOL), it beeps and flashes, I'm never sure what mode it's on or if it's on at all and I don't care to learn. I like my old Greenlee, turn the cap and it's on. Another that I use is a cheapie that just lights up red, doesn't turn on or off, and I don't even think you can replace the battery.

Quote Originally Posted by matt1124 View Post
    A coworker has one, I don't like it. Too many butttons to push (LOL), it beeps and flashes,
    You're kidding, right? It is a single button to turn it on, and it only has 1 button. Even if you don't want to read that Blue is 24v mode, and green is higher than 50v mode, you just have to know that red is detecting, and any other color is "on".

I'm kinda surprised so many people rely on these things. I've always considered them to be a bit of a novelty item. too many false negatives i guess.

of course i consider ANY electric circuit to be energized.....even when I'm 99% sure it's not, soooooo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast