Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I found an online manual for this unit and it talks about defrost and defrost sensor in plain English. It matches up with what you guys have been saying. I have no idea why the tech wouldn't do a simple check on the defrost sensor (apparently because he knows nothing about there even being a defrost sensor). Seems very simple. It really makes me wonder why this company is so reputable. Perhaps it is just this one tech. Anyway, I won't be pressing this as a needed repair with the current home owner - just seems like too much of a hassle since the HVAC company I chose to come out and inspect the unit is saying it is working fine. I already got the defrost board repair out of them and that seems like the more expensive of the two repairs. Once I get possession, I will be able to take care of the issue without any fuss. Thanks again for everyone's help. I hope to report back if that does indeed end up being the issue just for some closure (because I know you are all just waiting with anticipation).

Oops, I also meant to ask if anyone can verify the part number for the defrost sensor: 1082738 but is now replaced by part 1172766. Model info is in my first post.

Quote Originally Posted by DS2012 View Post
    Thanks for the help guys and thanks ... I will let the seller know about getting the HP thawed out before the tech arrives. Hopefully I can report back with what we find out.

That's the best idea.

The frost is not the big concern, it will turn to ice and distort the fins and copper and
    make the sensor inaccessable requiring alot of time and ....

Some of us love 4ft. X 6ft. sno cones.
    Do not attempt vast projects with
    half vast experience and ideas.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12