Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 27
  1. #14
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Upper Michigan
    Posts
    3,589
    Quote Originally Posted by SBKold View Post
    Some people say your stuff gets picked apart and I'm not trying to be that guy.

    But gravity makes a good point and wonder what your thought of positive air pressure in evap condensate against negative pressure in fau?

    The cond line is very short and sweet but condensate from coil in cooling could fill hx in fau?

    Oh and ive got some pictures to get online from this month......so I'm sure there is plenty for me to get beat up over.
    Everyone is a critic lol. I have a sheetmetal background and Jim puts me to shame, everything is clean as a whistle.

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    625
    Quote Originally Posted by SBKold View Post
    Some people say your stuff gets picked apart and I'm not trying to be that guy.

    But gravity makes a good point and wonder what your thought of positive air pressure in evap condensate against negative pressure in fau?

    The cond line is very short and sweet but condensate from coil in cooling could fill hx in fau?

    Oh and ive got some pictures to get online from this month......so I'm sure there is plenty for me to get beat up over.

    I understand what you are saying. The drain for the furnace comes out in a 1/2" cpvc street 90. It is slid inside the 3/4" pvc 90. There is an air gap around it. So if the drain does back up, it will flow out around that fitting rather than into the furnace. Picking up what I am laying down?

  3. #16
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Upper Michigan
    Posts
    3,589
    So jimmy how do you layout your metal? By hand or machine?

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Posts
    6,051
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyed View Post
    I understand what you are saying. The drain for the furnace comes out in a 1/2" cpvc street 90. It is slid inside the 3/4" pvc 90. There is an air gap around it. So if the drain does back up, it will flow out around that fitting rather than into the furnace. Picking up what I am laying down?
    What about the positive air pressure?

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    206
    Looks great. Good job.

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    625
    Make it on the job its done by hand. Rest is done on computer and cut out with plasma table.

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    625
    It will blow out around the fitting? The 2 are not glued or even a tight fit. Never had a drain issue and have done a ton of these the same way. There is a trap inside the furnace on the collector box. No pressure or vacuum there.

  8. #21
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Upper Michigan
    Posts
    3,589
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyed View Post
    Make it on the job its done by hand. Rest is done on computer and cut out with plasma table.
    We have a layout table also, your fittings look like the ones I make, sled boots and stuff. I don't do to many radius bends anymore since we don't have a roller anymore. We also don't have a plasma table which would be nice.

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    625
    They can make about anything that will fit on a sheet of metal.

  10. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Houston area
    Posts
    1,493
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyed View Post
    Old Lennox replacement. Believe that coil of 1/4" line worked as a metering device back in the day?.........
    That's EXACTLY what it is. Nice job!
    The picture in my avatar is of the Houston Ship Channel and was taken from my backyard. I like to sit outside and slap mosquitos while watching countless supertankers, barges and cargo ships of every shape and size carry all sorts of deadly toxins to and fro. It's really beautiful at times.....just don't eat the three eyed fish....

    ¯`·.¸¸ .·´¯`· .¸>÷÷(((°>

    `·.¸¸..· ´¯`·.¸ ¸.·´¯` ·.¸>÷÷(((°>

    .·´¯`· .¸>÷÷(((°>

    LMAOSHMSFOAIDMT

  11. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati ohio
    Posts
    252
    I like how you raise the unit up to take full advantage of the filter. So many times I see a furnace with a 20x25 filter rack and but the actual opening is somewhere around 16x25. I've never done install but if I ever do I hope in looks half as good as yours.

  12. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Clemente, CA
    Posts
    1,238
    Very nice. Good idea to set it all on a 32" plastic pad.

  13. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    625
    Quote Originally Posted by 2141 View Post
    I like how you raise the unit up to take full advantage of the filter. So many times I see a furnace with a 20x25 filter rack and but the actual opening is somewhere around 16x25. I've never done install but if I ever do I hope in looks half as good as yours.

    Thanks, All the bigger systems get a base under them. Bigger as in 3 ton plus usually. I would rather use the bigger filters. Got 16x25's too. They are good filters. I changed 2 that had been in since 07 yesterday. Furnace still clean as a whistle inside.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event