+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old G10 replacement

Post Likes

Old G10 replacement

Old Lennox replacement. Believe that coil of 1/4" line worked as a metering device back in the day?

No pictures of the outdoor, just a 15 seer 4ton condenser, got dark on me!

Flame away ha!

Post Likes
    nice work.

you even took old fat service techs into consideration by lifting it off the floor some.

bless your heart.
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Post Likes
    Why'd you make the return drop smaller?

Post Likes
    I'm in love with your ref piping!
    It's all worthy of the wall! Nice work.

I wish we had basements or proper mech closets. We have about 6" on either side of the unit in 85% of installs.
    You can't learn a thing with your mouth open.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dandyme View Post
    nice work.

you even took old fat service techs into consideration by lifting it off the floor some.

bless your heart.
    I do that so I can pull air from the side and bottom of the furnace. Does help for the service some though!

Quote Originally Posted by SBKold View Post
    Why'd you make the return drop smaller?
    The old return drop was 18x22, out of a 36x8 duct. New is 26 1/2x12. It is still plenty big. 26 1/2" is what fits our filter boxes, so I use that width usually.

Post Likes
    Did you bend an offset in the condensate line from the evaporator? Or is that an optical illusion? If so, how did you do it?
    Wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.

In your darkest hour, when the demons come, call on me brother and we shall fight them together.

A Veteran is a person, who at some point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for payment up to and including their life.
    Gene Castagnetti-Director of the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific in Hawaii

Post Likes
    Yes I did. I do that a lot. Heat, use a heat gun or my mapp torch. It will go limp, then you just hold how you want it while it cools. Works slick.

Post Likes
    I've used a turbo torch to bend 3" pvc for a pool. Never on 3/4". Good idea though. The job looks sweet though.

One thing, Don't you need a relief piped in the condensate?

Post Likes
    Looks great, we have a plastic conduit bender, basically a box with heat elements, works good.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gravity View Post
    I've used a turbo torch to bend 3" pvc for a pool. Never on 3/4". Good idea though. The job looks sweet though.

Man I wish I had, or could find someone with, your metal skills. I love the lineset

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

Post Likes
    That's a beautiful install. Was it in your own home? We do that kind of work for the average Joe every time.

Equal transititions, elevating the furnaces (3.5 ton and above), "E-Z flex" filters and line sets run the way you ran yours.

Very nice. What every homeowner deserves. P.S. Did you get rid of that old gas cock?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by George2 View Post
    That's a beautiful install. Was it in your own home? We do that kind of work for the average Joe every time.

Equal transititions, elevating the furnaces (3.5 ton and above), "E-Z flex" filters and line sets run the way you ran yours.

Very nice. What every homeowner deserves. P.S. Did you get rid of that old gas cock?

No just a customers. I have an evolution zone system.
    Yes, they got a new shutoff valve.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gravity View Post

Some people say your stuff gets picked apart and I'm not trying to be that guy.

But gravity makes a good point and wonder what your thought of positive air pressure in evap condensate against negative pressure in fau?

The cond line is very short and sweet but condensate from coil in cooling could fill hx in fau?

Oh and ive got some pictures to get online from this month......so I'm sure there is plenty for me to get beat up over.

Post Likes

But gravity makes a good point and wonder what your thought of positive air pressure in evap condensate against negative pressure in fau?

The cond line is very short and sweet but condensate from coil in cooling could fill hx in fau?

Oh and ive got some pictures to get online from this month......so I'm sure there is plenty for me to get beat up over.
    Everyone is a critic lol. I have a sheetmetal background and Jim puts me to shame, everything is clean as a whistle.

Post Likes

I understand what you are saying. The drain for the furnace comes out in a 1/2" cpvc street 90. It is slid inside the 3/4" pvc 90. There is an air gap around it. So if the drain does back up, it will flow out around that fitting rather than into the furnace. Picking up what I am laying down?

Post Likes
    So jimmy how do you layout your metal? By hand or machine?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyed View Post
    I understand what you are saying. The drain for the furnace comes out in a 1/2" cpvc street 90. It is slid inside the 3/4" pvc 90. There is an air gap around it. So if the drain does back up, it will flow out around that fitting rather than into the furnace. Picking up what I am laying down?
    What about the positive air pressure?

Post Likes
    Looks great. Good job.

Post Likes
    Make it on the job its done by hand. Rest is done on computer and cut out with plasma table.

Post Likes
    It will blow out around the fitting? The 2 are not glued or even a tight fit. Never had a drain issue and have done a ton of these the same way. There is a trap inside the furnace on the collector box. No pressure or vacuum there.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in