Confused

My company had a call on this unit, Carrier Mod.48gs-042090301 ser. 4998g10252.
    First call: Dia. code was cumbustion failure. Second call: Dia. code was roll out failure.
    Third call: Carbon Monxide det. was going off in res.
    Replaced heat xchanger. When you cycle unit inducer starts,spark igniter sparks, gas valve opens,we have ignition. Flame only lasts for five to ten seconds, goes out retries, relites and goes out in 5 to 10 seconds. It will do this 3 or 4 times and some times it will light and run normal but not until it has warmed up. If you shut it down and let it cycle then restart it while it is still warm it will lite and run normal. Sometimes it will spark when the burners have been going.
    Things i changed per Carrier Tech. support.
    Flame Sensor, All burners, Burner bracket, Gas valve, all ground wires, control board, Hall switch and heat exchanger. Somebody throw me a bone.

What's the venting like?
    Could be a pressure switch opening? Can you monitor the draft with the pressure switch jumped out?
    It's a package unit? So it's outside with no chimney? Or just a short one?

[Edited by bodhisatva on 11-22-2006 at 11:47 PM]
    ...SHEEESH!!!

it is outside with no chimney. This unit has no presure switch.

No DIY or step by step instruction allowed.

That unit has a press switch, and that makes you claim to be a tech very suspect to me.

Way too many pretenders.

Have it checked out again.

How is the main ground to the unit?What is the flame current?As far as the inducer goes I would make sure the motor is up to speed.Last year I seen the same type unit produce really high levels of carbon monoxide due to sooted up heatexchangers.My meter pegged out at 999 PPM. The one I worked on today had a 4 UF cap that was down to 1.4 UF.Sooted heatexchangers.High carbon monoxide levels.If the inducer is'nt pulling the flame through the heat exchanger correctly it will trip the roll out and take time to cool down.Did you replace the roll out?It is a auto reset and will weaken.Your best bet is looking there.Also check the cabinet insulation.Sometimes insulation will get sucked into blower when the panel is on and when the blower shuts off it goes back up.

the only stumper is why a tech would leave a system if
    it was not operating properly,patience luke
    do it right the first time,
    or pay the price later

Originally posted by hvaclover

That unit has a press switch, and that makes you claim to be a tech very suspect to me.

Way too many pretenders.

I lost my place last night and gave advise to someone
    but I thought I was in the Pro forums.Opps.Anyways this unit does'nt have a presure switch it has a hall effects
    sensor on the back of the combustion motor.BDP uses them and I hate em.

t-dog I should've sent you to register as pro and take your question there.You may very well be a tech or you might be a DIYer and are trying to fix something.The best and only way to get sound advise is in the pro forums.

Thanks to all that had good info. and to hvaclover and geru if you dont have helpful info dont waste my time.

Originally posted by thoglow
    Originally posted by hvaclover

Way too many pretenders.

.Opps.Anyways this unit does'nt have a presure switch it has a hall effects sensor on the back of the combustion motor.BDP uses them and I hate em.

Dropped the ball on that one.
    Yeah, I hate 'em too.

Thanks hvaclover for your reply, and i am a lic. tech. Tried to get on the pro forum.

Go get em kid.