Stand alone automatic humiifier

A friend asked me about humidifying his new home with wood floors, walls and ceilings. Its located in central Michigan and is about 1000 sq. ft. He is on the road for weeks at a time and can't fill and maintain a room humidifier. He has in-floor heat (no ducts). Is there something he can mount on a wall and hook a water supply line to which can automatically humidify his home while he is gone?
    Thanks!

What is the away temperature he is trying to maintain? What type of control? Mod# ? Budget?

I not aware of anything off the shelf, but we need some more information to take a guess.
    Do not attempt vast projects with
    half vast experience and ideas.

Confused

Quote Originally Posted by MIRADAMANia View Post
    A friend asked me about humidifying his new home with wood floors, walls and ceilings. Its located in central Michigan and is about 1000 sq. ft. He is on the road for weeks at a time and can't fill and maintain a room humidifier. He has in-floor heat (no ducts). Is there something he can mount on a wall and hook a water supply line to which can automatically humidify his home while he is gone?
    Thanks!
    I have had good results using a by-pass humidifier with a 6" duct fan ducted to/from the space. Slow the water flow to a slight over-flow to avoid excess water useage. The duct fan also works good with low speed furnace blowers. The duct fan increases the air flow through the humidifier which dramatically increases the evaporation rate of the humidifier.
    Regards TB
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"