Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2010

    Trouble shooting with manometer

    Looking into getting a manometer. What brand do y'all use? Also do you use it at times to trouble shoot duct work. I see you use them a lot with furnaces, but I live in Miami and rarely see one I'm reffering to a dx system.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    SouthEast NC ICW & Piedmont Foothills
    fieldpiece-2 port
    use on gas a lot, usually use on new start ups for duct to get a base line
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

  3. #3
    I like the magnahilic. I dont like the digital

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Anderson, South Carolina, United States
    testo, use it on gas pressure, vent pressure, and duct pressure. I use a retrotec DM2 for house pressure and other stuff to do with building science

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Central NJ Area
    I use a Dwyer magnehilic for checking duct Static pressure, TESP and pressure drop of duct fittings, air filters and evap coils.. I also have static pressure tips with magnets - Magnehelic - Static tips

    I like Testo's 510 Digital Differential manometer for gas pressure, draft and and all other uses for pressure testing (except duct). I also have a fieldpiece Digital Dif. manometer but prefer my Testo because i trust the readings but thats just me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor MagazineThe place where Electrical professionals meet.
Comfortech 365