Built in sound attenuators in AHU

Are there any such AHUs avialable which have built in sound attenuators. Meaning inside the AHU body, immediately after the blower fan...there is sound attenuators. Thanksj

Fanwall AHU systems do this. The sound attenuation is inside each fan cube. We are about to install this where I work, meaning we can remove the attenuators in the supply plenum.
    • Electricity makes refrigeration happen.
    • Refrigeration makes the HVAC psychrometric process happen.
    • HVAC pyschrometrics is what makes indoor human comfort happen...IF the ducts AND the building envelope cooperate.

A building is NOT beautiful unless it is also comfortable.

Yes, but most all would be custom manufactured units. What CFM range are you looking for?

J

I have looked few catalogs, Carrier, Trane for instance but don't find any attenuators inside the AHU.

@jerreau
    It is 18000cfm AHU and I have been installing attenuators in my previous designs in the supply air ducts. Looks like you are right, these are mostly customized built AHUs which have attenuators inside. Just curious how and where ther are located, must be i impacting the Overall static as well. Would be great if someone could share a sketch or pic of the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Hasny View Post
    I have looked few catalogs, Carrier, Trane for instance but don't find any attenuators inside the AHU.
    Look at Temtrol line. And consider again the Fanwall technology...attenuators are right at each blower, not in the duct.
    • Electricity makes refrigeration happen.
    • Refrigeration makes the HVAC psychrometric process happen.
    • HVAC pyschrometrics is what makes indoor human comfort happen...IF the ducts AND the building envelope cooperate.

A building is NOT beautiful unless it is also comfortable.