+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Carrier RTU-Open Problem

Post Likes

Carrier RTU-Open Problem

Just installed 45 new RTU's that have factory install RTU_Open controllers in them. The issue I have is on some units the unit will go into Economizer Cooling mode even though the Space temp is 5 degrees below the cooling set point. I have to raise up the cooling set point 5 degrees above space temp to get it to come out of Economizer Cooling mode. When I try to open the control program in either Application Builder or SNAP it says that program was not made with either application. Have had my Carrier controls support guy looking into it, he has seen the same problem on other RTU's, but thought I'd see if anyone else has ran into this.

Post Likes
    Which version module driver did your RTU's have in them? ( you can do a modstat and post the screen capture here)

The program for the RTU's can not be opened or edited with i-Vu SNAP, as it is locked from field editing due to warranty and liability issues related to the "factory provided controls" sequences of operations. I work with configuring and troubleshooting RTU opens almost every day, and have not seen this issue yet. Do you have the configuration manual or training Power point for the RTU Opens?

Chances are there is a Configuration setting that may need adjustment.

Respectfully

Drac

Can you post a printout of your BACnet Points tab (use the report feature)
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit" Aristotle

Remember to "Pay it Forward"; help out the newer generation of techs, remember someone during our career helped us! ("Pay it Forward" was by someone smarter than me!!)

Post Likes
    Driver Version - drv_rtuopen_std_3-04-361#discovered
    Control Program - rtu_open-2_20120123
    This is info from database. I am not on-line with device. I think I attached point report, but again I'm not on-line with device.
    This issue is happening to a number of units. I have carrier controls tech. coming to site this week.
    It does suck that you can.t view control program in either SNAP or App. Builder
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Likes
    Found out today that the way the economizer is set up in the RTU Open is that it tries to maintain a mid-point between Heat and Cool set points, if your Cool setpoint is 72 and your heat setpoint is 68 the economizer is looking to maintain 70. Doesn't make sense to me or my customer.

Post Likes
    Mechmike2,

If you want you can send me the .clipping or the program and driver and I can see if I can open it and see what is going on, maybe even modify it. I have been lucky so far, as I have been able to open some OEMCtrl clippings here lately.
    "It's not that I'm smart, it's that I stay with the problem longer”
    Albert Einstein

Post Likes
    Lucky huh? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by xarralu View Post
    Mechmike2,

If you want you can send me the .clipping or the program and driver and I can see if I can open it and see what is going on, maybe even modify it. I have been lucky so far, as I have been able to open some OEMCtrl clippings here lately.

Post Likes
    Yea luck as in "opening" the program. I gave a copy of that program to our engineer, and for three (on and off) days he looked at that program and finally gave up on it. His comment was he thinks the programmer lives in a state that has legal marijuana.
    "It's not that I'm smart, it's that I stay with the problem longer”
    Albert Einstein

Post Likes
    Yeah I believe it. It's still a WIP.

Quote Originally Posted by xarralu View Post
    Yea luck as in "opening" the program. I gave a copy of that program to our engineer, and for three (on and off) days he looked at that program and finally gave up on it. His comment was he thinks the programmer lives in a state that has legal marijuana.

Post Likes
    The units in question are all brand new and I wouldn't want to run into warranty issues. I am not sure what I would send you anyhow.

Post Likes
    Thanks though.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in