Black Iron Pipe Pressure Testing

Hi everyone and thanks in advance for replies to my question, I have installed about 60ft of 1" main line reduced down to a 1/2" manifold and two 1/2" feeder lines about 25' long. I have pressure tested the line to 15' of air pressure and it lost 1 1/2' over-nite,18 hrs. is this
    exceptable. I have read on other sites that most inspectors require 15' of pressure to hold for 30 minutes, is this right?
    Oh and bye the way this is for low pressure propane, 11" wc

Thanks again

you probably should consult you local inspectors for the accurate answer to that question.
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

ditto with dandy. was this gas line sized correctly? you should have it inspected, for a few reasons, but just to make sure it is sized right. plus a pro can give it the ok incase something does go wrong. it takes alot of liability off yourself.

The inspector is the person to ask. Here, the propane suppliers want two sign offs before they'll connect to a new system. One from the local inspector and one from the contractor that installed the gas lines and equipment. Then they still do their own pressure tests. I was told it's a mandate from their bulk suppliers and their liability insurance companies.
    Use the biggest hammer you like, pounding a square peg into a round hole does not equal a proper fit.

there should be 0 pressure drop on a pressure test.

i have had tests on for a month waiting for gas supply to be run and no drop at all.

I agree with T527ed. Although it'll pass inspection at that leakage rate, a tiny leak will cause a smell that will linger throughout its surroundings.

It's typical for a pressure test to fall a pound or two in a 24 hour period even when there isn't a leak. It should stabilize. A 7 day test is more accurate.

I would vote for 0 psi loss if it was my gas line.

CT

test at 3lb for 15 min with no pressure loss. If left overnight, temp drop may cause the pressure loss (there is a way to calculate it)

NFPA 58 calls for 10# 20 mins. The rest is up to the supplier and local code enforcement.

Thanks for all of the replys, I called the county inspector and he said that it has to hold 15' for 30 minutes with no leaks.
    I tested it for four hours with no leaks at 15' of air pressure.

make sure no gas valves are connected to that pipe. 15' would damage them.