Thread: Rollout trip temp

Post Likes

Rollout trip temp

I have a concord propane furnace that tripped the rollout switch. I found that one of the FHA zone louvers was sticking shut. The louver is now working fine but the rollout is still tripping. What temperature should the rollout temp switch open? Lenox part number 56w63 L400.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    BUDDA BOOM!!!

Post Likes
    Roll out switch trips are indicative of vent and or heat exchanger issues. Turn it off and call a service tech to determine why it is tripping
    A good HVAC tech knows how, an educated HVAC tech knows why!

DEM

Post Likes

Information please

Quote Originally Posted by coolperfect View Post
    BUDDA BOOM!!!
    My question was what is the proper temperature a rollout switch should trip... I am working with a qualified licenced technician albeit not very computer literate. Does L400 mean 400F? My "tech" seems to think that is a bit high.

Post Likes
    Not for a roll out depending on the application (location). Best to use the OEM replacement.
    A good HVAC tech knows how, an educated HVAC tech knows why!

DEM

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by erickrussell View Post
    My question was what is the proper temperature a rollout switch should trip... I am working with a qualified licenced technician albeit not very computer literate. Does L400 mean 400F? My "tech" seems to think that is a bit high.
    It does not matter,under normal operation it is well under the trip point! Your "Tech" should know that! You have a problem.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in