Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

York TG9S100C16MP11A error red light blinking 6 times

I have had a new York TG9S100C16MP11A for about a month. During this time, it has stopped working about 5-6 times, and a red light starts blinking 6 times when it turns off; I have noticed that this has always happened in the morning, and normally on colder days.

When this first happened, I reset the thermostat, and it started working but shut off again after about five minutes. I then reset thermostat several more times and it started working normally. It worked fine for almost a week until it shut off again, and I had to reset the thermostat several times to get it to work.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what may be happening?

Thank you,
    Alex

realy a new furnace must be under warranty that will fix it call out the installing contractor and show him this light

Call the installer, sounds like a drain problem

That code is for a pressure switch coming open during operation. Since it's a new install, i would guess that it has to do with the installation and not the equipment. Vents may be undersized, or not pitched correctly. The inducer may have been rotated and the drains not reconfigured. Something along those lines. You should call the installing contractor as most warranty/honor their work for up to a year after the installation. good luck

Quote Originally Posted by ADillon View Post
    That code is for a pressure switch coming open during operation. Since it's a new install, i would guess that it has to do with the installation and not the equipment. Vents may be undersized, or not pitched correctly. The inducer may have been rotated and the drains not reconfigured. Something along those lines. You should call the installing contractor as most warranty/honor their work for up to a year after the installation. good luck
    Thank you. Installing contractor came yesterday, changed condensing tube configuration (removed elbow), but this morning I had the same problem.

call -call again ask for a tech. w/more exp. if they dont want to keep hearing from you

Thank you. I already did. I will keep you posted on the progress.

What position is the unit in? (upflow, downflow, horizontal) if the unit is not upflow, the blocked drain pressure switch hose may need to be moved, this could cause your issue. If the hoses were misconfigured, then moisture may have entered the switch and could be causing it to have issues. The guy can sweep everything again, he could just try replacing the switch (although we don't know if it's the combustion air or blocked drain switch that is opening - and most of us dislike just changing parts) He may have to do what we call baby sitting. Just sit down there with his meter ready to go and identify the open switch when the fault occurs, this will allow him to at least know which switch is opening and point him in a better direction. Also if hoses were initially misconfigured, then it is possible that water got into the inducer motor. This model does not allow for drainage from the inducer assembly and it would need to be removed and emptied (no damage would be done by water getting in, it just wouldn't be able to get out)good luck

Thanks for the info. I wonder if the problem has to do with the cold in my basement. It was recently flooded; all the sheetrock had to be removed and the walls are still damp.
    We set the thermostat to 61 degrees overnight and I have noticed that the problem occurs when it is scheduled to raise to 67 degrees in the early morning. Here are some pictures of the unit:

Name:  PC136601.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  50.4 KBName:  PC136597.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  54.5 KBName:  PC136600.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  56.8 KB

Looks like the drain off the collection box is going uphill where it goes through the cabinet.

I just checked it, it goes slightly downward.

I doubt that it has to do with the temperature. My guess is that the larger swing out of set back is causing the furnace to run a longer cycle and more water is being created during this cycle. My money is on the blocked drain switch. If the unit is slightly off level, then the blocked drain switch will trip. If the tech can't figure it out, i might suggest that the blocked drain press switch tap be moved to a higher port on the collector box. ONLY do this 1) if the tech is confident that the unit is draining 2) on a trial basis, if the tap is moved and the problems goes away, then you know it is the blocked drain switch and something associated with that drain line needs to be corrected. Afterwards the tap should be moved back to the proper position. The tap is only slightly higher than the drain outlet so if the unit is out of level or a drain has improper fall or anything like that, then the switch will trip. Again also if the drains and hoses weren't initially configured correctly then the switch may have got moisture in it and would need to be replaced. Keep us posted, i'm interested.

Quote Originally Posted by ADillon View Post
    I doubt that it has to do with the temperature. My guess is that the larger swing out of set back is causing the furnace to run a longer cycle and more water is being created during this cycle. My money is on the blocked drain switch. If the unit is slightly off level, then the blocked drain switch will trip. If the tech can't figure it out, i might suggest that the blocked drain press switch tap be moved to a higher port on the collector box. ONLY do this 1) if the tech is confident that the unit is draining 2) on a trial basis, if the tap is moved and the problems goes away, then you know it is the blocked drain switch and something associated with that drain line needs to be corrected. Afterwards the tap should be moved back to the proper position. The tap is only slightly higher than the drain outlet so if the unit is out of level or a drain has improper fall or anything like that, then the switch will trip. Again also if the drains and hoses weren't initially configured correctly then the switch may have got moisture in it and would need to be replaced. Keep us posted, i'm interested.
    If tech cannot figure it out, call another company..... That info is wayyyy too DIY!!!!
    I understand members wanting to express their knowledge/smarts, but at the expense of injury/death to HO's????
    AOP should have DIY police!!!!! Or we should be responsible enough to police ourselves!!!!
    I would hope for the latter
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast