Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Not totally sure if the pump needs replacing, the second video I posted was just the noise of the pump (I kept the camera cap on the lense).

I am aware that the auto fill/pressure reduction valve is one in the same besides all of the other problems < I think this is the cause of the no pressure problem. I'm pretty sure it's stuck closed - per this thread's advice.

The boiler drain does have a cap on it. It's not leaking now, I'm guessing due to lack of pressure in the system.

The auto vents are of the No. 67 type. These can be cleaned? The one on the radiator is pretty corroded and the Schrader valve didn't pop back up at first. I know the price on them is pretty low.

Both Schrader valves can be depressed freely now, but nothing exits the valve- no water or air - they just move up and down freely as if not even installed, even with the supply valve open.

The pump will sound bad because there is no water pressure. At this point you should call a tech, it would be simple to fix. I think you have all of the info you need and possibly to much lol don't want you to make a mess or hurt someone. If you can afford a low water cutoff that would be a good thing, you wouldn't dry fire and ruin the boiler if it happened again, even a secondary high limit would be nice.

So after tinging around on the pipes, I can hear that they seem to have NO water at all in them. The expansion tank has a ting at the bottom and a thud at the top, similar to the mainline pipe.

Quote Originally Posted by SkankArmor View Post
    So after tinging around on the pipes, I can hear that they seem to have NO water at all in them. The expansion tank has a ting at the bottom and a thud at the top, similar to the mainline pipe.
    The air scoop on top of the auto pressure reduction/fill valve also seems to be hollow.

The furnace has been turned off for around 27 hours.

Maybe the removable screen on the Fill-Trol (auto pressure reducer / fill) valve is clogged?

Would I be able to make it through the winter if I just had the Fill-Trol valve and Pressure relief valved replaced until then?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123