What makes a good application?

I am filling out an application for an hvac tech. I don't have my 608 but I have years of experience installing and servicing. Would you put some pictures of installs and such? This is a pretty good company, I think I would take a pay cut but I think it might be worth it. What are employers looking for? Every job I got was through reference so this is some what new.

[ be worth it. What are employers looking for? Every job I got was through reference so this is some what new.[/QUOTE]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get your EPA .

I know I need it but haven't had a chance to take it, classes are so far away and last time they had them I wasn't aware, it's on my priority list for sure but we heat 9 months a year lol.

Set reachable goals and take that simple little test. Good luck. Go ahead and take the NATE while at it. Make yourself stick out with your own self reliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Joehvac25 View Post
    I know I need it but haven't had a chance to take it, classes are so far away and last time they had them I wasn't aware, it's on my priority list for sure but we heat 9 months a year lol.
    Find a C C dicksons , or R E Michel co in you area. The will issue the test to a single person.

http://www.epatest.com/

You also can take the time and get PM tech , 410 A , Green , IQA, and 609 if you want.
    The opinions expressed by me are not that of my employer.

insulation modern marvels
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g37riSkyZzM

Quote Originally Posted by NY2GA01 View Post
    Find a C C dicksons , or R E Michel co in you area. The will issue the test to a single person.

http://www.epatest.com/

You also can take the time and get PM tech , 410 A , Green , IQA, and 609 if you want.
    I think I called one of these places this summer and never heard back, i needed a proctor and they were supposed to help out with it. I do have my 410a

I get no results when I use my zip code lol

Is there a community college near by? Most offer a 2 day class for the test.

Also, as far as resumes go, limit it to one page with headings and bullets.

Self description:

References:

Work history (relevent and recent):

Education/certs:

Goals:

We have a school 2 hr away that had an hvac program, I figure if I have to I will see if they will let me test, maybe now would be a good time to look into it again. I wish I would have it out of the way.

How or why would you have "years" of experience and never had an employer help you get the license?? If we hire an unlicensed person, it's with the clear goal to get them licensed right away (assuming they survive the probation period). Have you been working for an unlicensed contractor?

No names please!

Quote Originally Posted by Joehvac25 View Post
    I am filling out an application for an hvac tech. I don't have my 608 but I have years of experience installing and servicing. Would you put some pictures of installs and such? This is a pretty good company, I think I would take a pay cut but I think it might be worth it. What are employers looking for? Every job I got was through reference so this is some what new.
    I figured with that big avatar you would at least have your 608. Come on man.
    My name is TooCoolforschool and I am a chronic over charger.

I work for a licensed insured company, Mechanical electrical and plumbing, I personally don't need to have a license as far as I know.