Trane rtu flame w/o gas valve error

Working on a trane ysc060e rtu I get an error flame w/o gas valve error as soon as I power unit. Ventor motor starts when unit powered and it goes straight to this error . Should there be a trial for heat start up before it locks out. Don't work on trane often and don't know if this is normal. What is this error meaning? No 24 at gas valve at any time. Never hear a spark, and it is calling

Flame sensor is sensing mv during no call for heat. Ensure its grounded properly and clean flame rod. More than likely the ignition board tho. had it a few times. The original ignition board had issues in a few batches of units. The actual code explaination is probably a five flash right?. New ign board.It is the "flame sensed with gas valve de-energized"one right.

That's right 5 flashes. Unit was installed in summer by others and gas valve was off so I suspect it's never been run on heat, I will check ground and flame rod but I expect that wil be like new. Thanks for reply

Well it turns out it is the ignition board at fault. Had another 5 ton up top and tried that board and unit fired. Thanks again
    Last edited by iceage; 12-14-2012 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Not complete

yup no prob