Could Unions be losing there grip on the American worker

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...pinion_LEADTop

Michigan would become the 24th right-to-work state and it could be the best thing to happen to its economy since the internal combustion engine. Michigan still has the nation's sixth highest state jobless rate at 9.1%, and it had one of the lowest rates of personal income growth between 1977 and 2011. A flood of economic evidence shows that right-to-work states have done better at attracting investment and jobs than have more heavily unionized states.
    Why are unions afraid to give an individual a choice?
    BEING AN ADULT

is the dumbest thing I have ever done

Check out "alecexposed" and you will see how there is a huge corporate backed 'quiet' movement to systematically change the laws state by state against the unions, consumer laws, and benefits corporations only. They found a successful way to bypass washington to get what they want.

Since union busting seems to be a conservative Republican thing let me ask this question. How long will Detroit take to become a workers paradise after Michigan becomes right to work? Seriously how long do we have to wait before we see the results? If it does not turn it around will we get more excuses or will the Repubes who steamrolled this through man up and admit they were wrong. For the sake of Detroit I hope it works but I have my doubts.

Nothing works in the city of Detroit salty, doesn't matter what you do to it.
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

- General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    Since union busting seems to be a conservative Republican thing let me ask this question. How long will Detroit take to become a workers paradise after Michigan becomes right to work? Seriously how long do we have to wait before we see the results? If it does not turn it around will we get more excuses or will the Repubes who steamrolled this through man up and admit they were wrong. For the sake of Detroit I hope it works but I have my doubts.
    uuum, for 34 years Michigan has had the lowest personal income growth, How much worse could this be?
    BEING AN ADULT

So what you guys are saying is - there is no guarantee it will really change anything for the better.

So what you guys are saying is - there is no guarantee it will really change anything for the better.
    Things in Michigan have been declining for a long-long time. all Im saying is, could it get worse? What has to happen to turn things around. Maybe changing the way things are done is just the answer
    BEING AN ADULT

Where are all the new auto factories located? In right to work states. When Michigan becomes right to work they have a lot better chance to attract new factories. Any CEO worth his salt would never build a new factory in a union only state.

I guess the inevitable race to the bottom will eventually spread so the American middle class will disappear and we will be on a par with China and India. The great American experiment was nice while it lasted. I'm glad I'm not just starting out - but I am sorry for our kids future earning potential.

I guess the inevitable race to the bottom will eventually spread so the American middle class will disappear and we will be on a par with China and India. The great American experiment was nice while it lasted. I'm glad I'm not just starting out - but I am sorry for our kids future earning potential.
    I guess we will find out, The Michigan Legislature passed the law this afternoon.

Let the race begin......or continue, which ever the case may be
    BEING AN ADULT