Want a raise? Quit work.

Well, not really but it's as close as can be. Where is the incentive to do good for yourself these days? Imagine this being true in the 40's, 50's or 60's or most any generation. What would this country be like now?

http://www.ijreview.com/2012/12/2467...ld-in-poverty/
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

That is scary!

Lets see how long until we get a tax increase to finance it... and the libs have to pay some of the tax.

IM(maybe not so)HO... the libs think this is all cool as long as the others (read that so called rich) are being soaked for the bill... just wait until they get hit with higher govt bills... they will not like it so much.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.

ga
    I fear you give way too much credit to the ones who support this president and his mission. Being in the center of his supporters here in the Seattle area, the rest of the state is not like that, I have not found one supporter who does, can or will think past their emotions. It's all about how they feel and they are not going to look down upon their own form of a Santa.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.

sad

You may be right Delta... the ones I see seem to think they are gonna get a freebee at someone else's expense... when they learn THEY have to pay for this... well that is not right...

Regardless; IMO the current economic policies will lead to more unemployment and less disposable income. Sooner or later... this will upset even the most determined liberal... when it hurts their wallet.

When someone has to choose between feeding their family or supporting their idealism... well... we know what will happen.

I predict we will see lots more 'cash' work, as well as lots more 'barter'.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

We should not only have right to work laws, but we should have work to eat laws, another words if you can walk and talk, you should do something to earn it.

I dont care if its sweeping streets, or answer a phone somewhere, in the service of the tax payers.

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    We should not only have right to work laws, but we should have work to eat laws, another words if you can walk and talk, you should do something to earn it.

I dont care if its sweeping streets, or answer a phone somewhere, in the service of the tax payers.

Roy

Damn straight. If they can get to the welfare office on time, they can punch a clock for their goodies that the rest of US are paying for. But that's just what The Bummer wants......everyone looking to him for their scraps of existance. What a life?!
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Yeah, it is amazing how much POO folks will put up with to get something free.

Reminds me of a former ladyfriend... She would NOT work anywhere unless FULL medical (dental, eyes, the grand slam) was provided free. She would take a really sh*tty job with poor pay just to get that benefit package... some folks have strange goals. The joke of all is; when I knew her, she was as healthy as a racehorse, she did not need that benefit package.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

So the way I read it, the welfare folk are not getting the $168 a day but that is how much it costs government per recipient, namely the cost to administer the programs are wrapped up in the cost.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    So the way I read it, the welfare folk are not getting the $168 a day but that is how much it costs government per recipient, namely the cost to administer the programs are wrapped up in the cost.
    Kind of. The problem is the article describes only one facet of a person being on welfare as a cost to the government when, in actuallity, the individual can make -- actually receive -- more or less than what is shown.

This is due to other associated programs that individuals on welfare can also apply for. There also exists various accessory payments from the Federal, State and Local governments. And there also exists community welfare programs.

I would say it's impossible to make a general case on how much a general populace can receive on a general basis. But if one individual in one state could be compared to another in another place/state then the highs and lows could be seen.

I personally know of women who are making a killing by having kids and not getting married to their father(s). And they live well for what they want and expect from life. And they typically can live better than their tax paying, working neighbors.

The US has so many welfare programs it's almost impossible to calculate. Even college financila assistance can now be considered a welfare state in some cases as the student, of any age, can receive money for taking next-to-nothing classes.

I have known of tenants, as an example, who study the local welfare markets to get as many free-be's as possible. And that is their family heritage, believe it or not.

I call them therobreads as they know the track and have been around it many times. So they know what to do, when to do it and how to avoid pitfalls.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Yeah, it is amazing how much POO folks will put up with to get something free.

Reminds me of a former ladyfriend... She would NOT work anywhere unless FULL medical (dental, eyes, the grand slam) was provided free. She would take a really sh*tty job with poor pay just to get that benefit package... some folks have strange goals. The joke of all is; when I knew her, she was as healthy as a racehorse, she did not need that benefit package.
    Maybe her husband was making good money but didn't have health coverage from his work?

Quote Originally Posted by sigma View Post
    Maybe her husband was making good money but didn't have health coverage from his work?
    No, she was single. It was an entitlement mentality.
    GA-HVAC-Tech