Thread: Why Romney lost

Why Romney lost

Romney said, " When I'm elected, I will put Americans back to work. "

And 51% of the Americans said, "Screw That!"
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

But unfortunately Mr. Romney was part of the group of capitalist that have sent 10 million to 20 million middle class manufacturing jobs to China and Mexico over the past 20 years. It makes me wonder if a Karl Rove anointed establishment republican can ever win the white house again.

Problem is... If a company is not profitable... it will die anyway. At least some folks kept their jobs when manufacturing went to China...
    Unlike Hostess where EVERYONE lost their jobs.

I have talked to many folks, they said they just did not vote for POTUS. I guess they did not realize the amount of damage Obama can cause over the next 4 years...

Just another reason why everyone should not be voting. I will settle for only folks who actually PAY taxes (as in write a check to the IRS) get to vote.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    But unfortunately Mr. Romney was part of the group of capitalist that have sent 10 million to 20 million middle class manufacturing jobs to China and Mexico over the past 20 years. It makes me wonder if a Karl Rove anointed establishment republican can ever win the white house again.
    This is not entirely true. Would you complain is the same factories moved their businesses to the adjoining states because the cost of doing business would be less for the same product?

Would you still shop for their products if the prices continued to increase due to the ongoing massive fees and taxes generated by out local, state and Federal governments? Or would there be a time you would not buy their product but go to a competitors because you could purchase the same product for less?

Romney lost mainly due to the fact that children now run this country and make decisions based on what makes them, as individuals, feel good.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post

spoken like a true Marxist. Of course, it was those same evil capitalist that built just about every danged thing you own and enjoy dude. How many jobs and entire businesses has Obama facilitated going offshore? Tons. So, ask yourself why would a company that is trying to earn a profit pack up and move offshore rather than stay here? are there strategic resources located over there? Better distribution? No--labor, regulation and taxation. If you want to keep jobs in the US, fix these root causes.

"Real and meaningful change will not happen until the pain of remaining the same is more than the pain of change"

"Americans will not do the right thing until there are no more wrong things to try"

Both say similar things and both were said by folks that understand human behavior.

Now lets apply those sayings: We as individuals will continue to do what we are used to... until it causes too much pain to consciously change our minds. We will also vote for the same idiots until those idiots cause us too much pain in our wallets.

So who much pain in our wallets is enough to cause us to change the polecats?

Note: GA has asked this question many times... nobody has responded yet... wonder why?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

ga
    As a response to the quotes you show, I think there is a difference in this "modern" world that we now have developed.

I believe that those statement are true to previous generations who were looking for the way to do things which would develope into successful ends. And that means the best way to live a life to provide safety, security and happiness for themselves and those around them.

It also meant having personal pride in doing whatever endeavors they were trying in their individual lives. My generation and yours strived to leave a legacy for their children. Take all of us that have done installations where we proudly drive by the site years later and point out the pride of workmanship of those installations still operating to our children in hopes they can have the same experiences.

I'm not too sure about most of the present generation anymore. I'm not too sure they can ever "learn" on their own anymore without the leadership and guidance of some electronic gaget or a search on the web to find out the "truth" of any situation.

I have great compassion for those of us that have raised our kids to be self sufficient, to think for themselves and to take pride in what they do when they are surounded by leaders who are opposite in mind, thought and actions.

I hope I'm wrong abou this but recent events in this country prove otherwise.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Just another reason why everyone should not be voting. I will settle for only folks who actually PAY taxes (as in write a check to the IRS) get to vote.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Problem is... If a company is not profitable... it will die anyway. At least some folks kept their jobs when manufacturing went to China...
    Unlike Hostess where EVERYONE lost their jobs.

I have talked to many folks, they said they just did not vote for POTUS. I guess they did not realize the amount of damage Obama can cause over the next 4 years...

Sorry GA, doesn't work that way here in the US of A and isn't about to change.

Perhaps your time would be better spent thinking about what your party actually needs to change in order have a CHANCE to win a presidential election instead of harping on some point that is never going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    This is not entirely true. Would you complain is the same factories moved their businesses to the adjoining states because the cost of doing business would be less for the same product?

Would you still shop for their products if the prices continued to increase due to the ongoing massive fees and taxes generated by out local, state and Federal governments? Or would there be a time you would not buy their product but go to a competitors because you could purchase the same product for less?

Romney lost mainly due to the fact that children now run this country and make decisions based on what makes them, as individuals, feel good.
    Good to see you posting.

One of the factories supplying WalMart, Sears, Disney, had a fire recently and 110 people died in a fire similar to the one that horrified your country at the turn of the century. My mother worked in the thriving garment industry here in town until trade with places like China and Bangladesh (the bulk of the world's clothes is made in these two countries) made most local made clothes uneconomical.

Bangladesh fire victims want old jobs back

As 112 of her co-workers died in a garment-factory fire, Dipa Akter got out by jumping from the third floor through a hole made by breaking apart an exhaust fan. Her left leg is wrapped in bandages and she has trouble walking.

Now she wants back in.

"If the factory owner reopens the factory sometime soon, we will work again here," the 19-year-old said.

Factories like the one gutted November 24 are a rare lifeline in this desperately poor country, and now many of the more than 1,200 surviving employees have no work and few prospects.

Akter spent 25 minutes trying to get down the smoke-filled stairs before jumping, which she said was "the only option other than being burned".

Despite her injuries and trauma, she needs the job. Without it, she said, she would either be a housemaid or jobless in her home village.

Akter made about 4,550 takas (NZ$69) a month sewing pants, shirts and nightgowns. Her husband makes about the same at another factory, but she said it is impossible for them to survive just on his salary.

The landlord is demanding rent and she has bills at a grocery shop.

"I am in big trouble because I don't have any savings," Akter said.

With overtime, the 20-year-old earned up to 7,000 takas ($87) a month from Tazreen as a sewing machine operator. She fled the factory unharmed by bolting out as soon as the fire alarm went off, ignoring her supervisors' insistence that she stay at her station.

Ratna Begum, 30, is too injured to go back to work for the foreseeable future and needs compensation soon. She jumped out of a fifth-floor window to escape the flames, thinking, "If I die, my family will at least get my body."

Now she has a bandage on her head and unable to walk without assistance. Without her monthly pay of up to 5,000 takas (NZ$75), she wonders how her family will afford rent, food, her medical bills and school for her two sons.

The factory had no emergency exits. Police were continuing to question three managers suspected of locking in the workers during the fire. Clothes from major global brands including Wal-Mart and Disney were being produced at the factory, though the companies said the plant was considered high-risk and they had ordered subcontractors not to use it in recent months.

There is no way we can compete with people making under $90.00 a month. But we still buy the clothes, along with all the other goods coming from far away countries. Aren't price rollbacks wonderful? Well at least my mother is retired.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Romney didnt loose anything, the people that gave us those two candidates didnt care which won, they had both in their pockets.

Thats why Ron Paul was ignored and marginalized, he was not for sale.

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

yep...americans love inexpensive goods..... even if it might even mean that they themselves will be out of a job one day because they chose to buy stuff made overseas.

We are truly the "D" students of the world....

"We are the D students...."

"We are the ignernt......."

I bought a new pair of levis jeans last week..... dont know where they were made...but its the first piece of clothing Ive bought for myself in a couple of years at least......

Romney lost because people once again sat at home on their fat lazy butts and didnt get out and vote..... they fiqured Romney had it in the bag and they just didnt want to do their part.......

"Let the peasants get out in the cold and rain and vote while I sit here in comfort"

And they did.......
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Who is Romney?

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast