Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Plastic guns,, amazing to witness all this knew technology (printer)

Ive seen this printer in action

now this,, http://www.slashgear.com/man-makes-g...nter-25240293/

You have not seen this printer in action.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    You have not seen this printer in action.

When you get one, will you please fax me a new toaster oven?
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"I say we just nuke them from space, that is the only way to be sure". Winch from ALIENS, forgot her name.

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

My front door is locked. For your personal protection.

http://defensedistributed.com/

Just came out yesterday
    Customer is alWays opposite of Left

I don't get the significance I guess. Machines that use 'electronic files' to cut / form / shape components are nothing new. I think so. I think that is what the guy in the shop next to me does, he makes signs with a special machine, 3 dimensional signs, somehow or another he loads a file in it and the machine cuts it out. Layered material. I saw a finished one in his truck, a "Chilies" restaurant sign.

Seems to me this is nothing new. What am I missing Zartan? You are not exactly long-winded.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"I say we just nuke them from space, that is the only way to be sure". Winch from ALIENS, forgot her name.

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

My front door is locked. For your personal protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    I don't get the significance I guess. Machines that use 'electronic files' to cut / form / shape components are nothing new. I think so. I think that is what the guy in the shop next to me does, he makes signs with a special machine, 3 dimensional signs, somehow or another he loads a file in it and the machine cuts it out. Layered material. I saw a finished one in his truck, a "Chilies" restaurant sign.

Seems to me this is nothing new. What am I missing Zartan? You are not exactly long-winded.

You can build your own 3d printer for around $500. That's what's new.

http://www.reprap.org/wiki/Main_Page

I didn't want to go into full details but the gov't can ban the sale of Large clips for you gun lovers. And there wont be no need to smuggle in from another country. Your neighbor can make you one. That link even gives specs. Im not a fan of guns but I know many are on here . Just figured I share the info. On the bright side of the 3d printer it will cut down on imports from china. For little misc plastic things.

key word the specs.. no thinking involved

Quote Originally Posted by zartangreen View Post
    I didn't want to go into full details but the gov't can ban the sale of Large clips for you gun lovers. And there wont be no need to smuggle in from another country. Your neighbor can make you one. That link even gives specs. Im not a fan of guns but I know many are on here . Just figured I share the info. On the bright side of the 3d printer it will cut down on imports from china. For little misc plastic things.
    Well, since the government typically over-does everything, they ban the "sale, manufacture, possession, use, control, transfer, thoughts-of, pictures of, and CAD drawings of high-capacity ammunition feeding devices" that would be illegal, too.

I wonder if they broke the law constructing that lower..... I thought it was the lower that had to be bought thru an fll....even with out the fire control group.

Also.... regarding the fcg..... all these guys replicated was the lower receiver housing..... I guess all the parts they are using in the housing...and the mag.....are factory built.

The OPs original article is very misleading....lol But thats ARP I guess....

3 d printers have been around....seen on tv a few years back build something that had moving parts and it all fucntioned when it came out of the replicator.... think it modern marvels or how it works or one of those semi educational shows.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

It's a plastic world.

Would be good if we only needed things with the properties of hotmelt, that is pretty much all the machine is, a three axis glue gun. I like the laser printers better, as you notices they could only build things that get smaller as you go up. Eventually the machines will get better, don't know if the average person would bother, much easier going out and buying your stuff.

Corny, don't know if you guys are the same, but you can make your own firearm up here (if you are licensed for that type of gun) but before you get to the stage where the receiver is functional you have to get in touch with the powers that be and inform them and get your paperwork together before you finish it.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    It's a plastic world.

Would be good if we only needed things with the properties of hotmelt, that is pretty much all the machine is, a three axis glue gun. I like the laser printers better, as you notices they could only build things that get smaller as you go up. Eventually the machines will get better, don't know if the average person would bother, much easier going out and buying your stuff.

Corny, don't know if you guys are the same, but you can make your own firearm up here (if you are licensed for that type of gun) but before you get to the stage where the receiver is functional you have to get in touch with the powers that be and inform them and get your paperwork together before you finish it.
    Yea, these guys probably got a manufacturing permit...especially since they are making themselves high profile on the net.

Taking pay pal donations too...... I wonder how many guys are sending in donations.....

I dont see why folks are getting so excited over it. There are always going to be plenty of metal lower receivers around and there are always going to be plenty of mags.

People should be noticing that all the hoopla over newtown is dying away now.....and so will politicians interest in stirring the anti gun pot..... things will be back to normal in a couple of months....

When you hear of these politicians getting thousands and thousands of letters and emails from people wanting to take guns away..... I bet it is the gun manufacturers and ammo manufs......hiring some indian firm to flood the politicians with those emails.....

Cause they know that nothing is going to come from it...... unless you get a loose cannon like bloomberg..... and they know its going to increase their business by 10 fold.......

Or its the politicians with an interest....investments in gun maunfs...... stirring up the pot to make a few more bucks....lol

Farfetched....maybe....... but I wouldnt put it past them...
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

of course it's ilegal,, but do the bad guys care about that. I have 2 reload and he keeps spraying. Trust me im anti guns seen more dead bodies than deer. Just hurts to see all the wasted time our gov;t spends to resolve an issue that has already been loopwholed/or hacked.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast