Results 1 to 13 of 23
12-10-2012, 09:08 PM #1
but its been like this since the 90's
Pretty scary but what can I do when its not my call?
12-10-2012, 10:06 PM #2
Wow single wall gutter!
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HDTo the man who always did it right. I love you dad and I will miss you to much for words.
Stay Thirsty My Friends
Support the Skilled Trades Don't DIY
12-10-2012, 10:07 PM #3
it is your butt on the line, shut it down!!If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?
12-10-2012, 10:38 PM #4
12-10-2012, 10:44 PM #5Professional Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2011
I thought I had seen worse till i saw the last picture ha!
12-10-2012, 10:53 PM #6
Wow that's just fuked up, x2 on the last pic
12-10-2012, 11:00 PM #7
And everytime I think I've seen it all till I see something like this!"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
- Alexis de Toqueville, 1835
12-10-2012, 11:11 PM #8
Nice post! Suggest a CO detector for the basement?Which makes more sense to you?
CONSERVATION - turning your thermostat back and being uncomfortable. Maybe saving 5-10%
ENERGY EFFICIENCY - leaving your thermostat where everyone is comfortable. Saving 30-70%
DO THE NUMBERS! Step on a HOMESCALE.
What is comfort? Well, it AIN'T just TEMPERATURE!
Energy Obese? An audit is the next step - go to BPI.org, or RESNET, and find an auditor near you.
12-10-2012, 11:45 PM #9Regular Guest
- Join Date
- Aug 2012
- NE wisconsin
I've seen those plastic rings on top a little melted but that's just nuts, they must have a ton of air infiltration that no one died from co poisoning
12-11-2012, 04:12 PM #10
The problem is, the pipe is pushed to far into the stack(gutter). Pull the pipe back a little and it should vent just fine. Do they make a starkap for 4" gutter? lol
The plastic rings should never have any signs of melting.
12-11-2012, 04:48 PM #11
I thought "G" vent wasn't rated for hot water heaters.
12-11-2012, 06:22 PM #12
Hey guys - I have actually talked the boss into getting them a CO experts low level detector. This is a older couple who in addition to the heater have a gas oven and dryer. I definately see a high probability of low level continuous CO.
The heater is in a vented crawl space. Half has been excavated to a little workshop/storage area.
Above the heater is actually the living room where the couple spends most of their days.
Gravity - I did move that sleeve and now heater vents the majority out. But I still get slight spillage out of DHood.
Sure don't like it but since Its not my company I really cant do much else except learn and wait for when I have a license and own the buisness.
Every day is a new chance to do my best and try and make combustion appliances safe as I can.
12-11-2012, 08:50 PM #13
I would have red-tagged it. It is illegally venting into a vent pipe that aint in the book. lol.
Im glad you moved the pipe back. You have 5 minutes to establish draft.
Hopefully the vent in the space is keeping enough positive pressure and helping with draft.