Heat pump - cool weather

Buying a new home. Home insector says he can't test the AC because the weather is too cool to run the compressor. If the heat pump works well (it does) in the heat cycle, would there be a problem when running in cool?

Yes and no. We come across many heat pumps that operate just fine in heating mode. When A/C time comes around, the charge needs to be adjusted. The ONLY way to effectively charge a heat pump is to have the refrigerant recovered and then weighed back in. I hope this makes sense to you.

An HI can only really tell you it runs. They don't ever know if its working right or not. Its not like they connect gauges, and then temp probes to the lines.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

what a moron , cant run a heat pump because the weather is to cool they are made to run in cool weather
    We really need change now

Quote Originally Posted by catmanacman View Post
    what a moron , cant run a heat pump because the weather is to cool they are made to run in cool weather

Don't see where he said the HI said he couldn't run the heat pump in heat mode. Just he couldn't test it in A/C.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Thanks for the input, guys. Makes sense to me. I'll contact a local pro to do a thorough check.