The garbage can express

I just filled my garbage can with about 100 pounds of old residential hvac parts.... I kept what my family could use but I just tossed a boatload of old defrost boards, contactors, sequencers....some transformers....limits, time delays..... junk thats been sitting around here forever.... tossed some old computer stuff too.....and a s load of old old cable tv stuff.

Last week I threw out some motors and stuff..... I bet I bogged that trash truck down when it grabbed that trash can.... this week I decided to lighten the load a little so they dont get suspicious.

Doing some cleaning up in my shop..... If I aint used it or needed it in the last year Im tossing it.

Next week its gonna be some old clothes.... Ive tried taking good clean old clothes to the salvation army before and they refused them.... I finally just tossed out a couple of garbage bags in front of their building one day before work..... Hopefully some bums found them and put some of them to good use.

Anyhow.... Ive got an old stove, and old dishwasher.....and an old upholstered chair that are also going to leave my property in that garbage can.... just going to have to get some tools out and dismantle them......and take a sawzall to them....lol

Ive also got boxes of old bolts and stuff I have accumulated thru the years.... and Ive got a ton of old paint cans and stuff that are half full or just that I dont need or want any more...... they are leaving here by the trash can express too....

I sorta wish I had an old junk car here......I think it would be a neat project to dismantle and cut it up and send it out of here a little bit at a time each week.

The city forced us to purchase those big cans.....and Im getting my moneys worth out of it.
    As Seen On You Tube (usually under someone elses name)

Sounds like you are throwing money in the trash. Lot of metal scrap. Just put it on the curb and watch it walk away.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

You will need something you threw away within a month, don't ask me how I know.

Yeah, at the very least, the motors and transformers were worth about 25 cents a pound at the scrap yard. If all of the stuff you threw away was in new condition, you could have easily sold it somewhere and made some cash.

P.S... With the paint cans (and some of the electronic stuff), it might be illegal to throw it in the trash. Where I live, I think if you want to throw away paint, you are supposed to take the covers off of cans and let it harden up.

Last edited by clifpaul; 12-10-2012 at 09:38 PM. Reason: double post

Quote Originally Posted by zxcb View Post
    You will need something you threw away within a month, don't ask me how I know.
    Sad but true

Old motors look better like this
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355195093.112860.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  29.3 KB
    So I've heard

I just took two big black husky garbage bags of old cloths to the Salvation Army. I am cleaning out all the crap Also. I had a bunch of old motors for scrap. The rest I just threw out. Not worth my time. I am going to list some in wanted tools on Craigslist. I have had good luck with selling stuff there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

Every time I put something on Craigslist I get a bunch of emails about dating stuff with pics of half naked women, my advise get posting lol.

A shame to throw metal in the garbage. It could be sold to use, sold as scrap. or given to someone who will take the trouble to recycle it. Re 1/2 filled paint cans, doubt that should be put in the trash anywhere in North America. It also can be recycled, don't you have recycling where you are?
    Question authority!

most towns will recycle paint cans if you let them dry out first......Jack
    B[COLOR=a friend is one who knows us , but loves us anyway

Here in Ontario I suppose they just send dried paint cans to landfill, but if you return cans with paint in liquid form that paint is filtered, reconstituted, coloured to one of a dozen or so pastel colours and sold as recycled paint at Walmart for a cheap price. I talked to the paint guy at the local Walmart, he says it's a good paint, he's never had a complaint or a can returned since they started selling it. That's a good solution.
    Question authority!