Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Joehvac25, how can you tell?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    That furnace also has a cracked secondary
    Really thinks so? This one the inducer was leaking where the two sections were put together, not at the header box

Quote Originally Posted by Joehvac25 View Post
    On a pm today, this was installed a year ago, inducer sprung a leak.Attachment 335611Attachment 335621Attachment 335631
    Great pic...thanks. It would be a hard sell on water marks and corrosion alone to a home owner. Do you have any additional information? Flame? Drainage? Rollouts? It would be great to get a pic of the ruptured heat exchanger. Cutting a piece out the side would be proof beyond a reasonable doubt.....That is, if you're tagging the furnace.

Here's one I had recently......the flame wasn't right and I hadn't noticed the metal chips until removing the burners.....it verified what I couldn't easily see. The original issue was a rollout switch tripping. It's fortunate this issue was found before a fatality.

What I found was the inducer was leaking, where the two halves were put together water was draining out, after I pulled and fixed the inducer all of the water dried up. I am going to return to see if there is any other issues. It's a bakery and the furnace was installed last November.

It doesn't matter the model. I have seen them on every model both 80 and 90 %. Here is a picture I took using my see snake and phone. It right underneath the burner entry Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1010
Size:  18.4 KB

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by 2141 View Post
    It doesn't matter the model. I have seen them on every model both 80 and 90 %. Here is a picture I took using my see snake and phone. It right underneath the burner entry Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1010
Size:  18.4 KB

This is a fantastic shot....what prompted you to pull out your snake?

I really thought trane was great stuff but know I'm not to impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by barriefurnacerepair View Post
    This is a fantastic shot....what prompted you to pull out your snake?
    It is company policy to inspect every heat exchanger with it. You would never know it was cracked without using the snake. No flame disturbance, no CO, flue co was about 14ppm. Temp rise perfect.

Could have used one today.
    I think I'm going to get me one. Johnstone has a Rigid snake for under $250 this month.

Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post
    Could have used one today.
    I think I'm going to get me one. Johnstone has a Rigid snake for under $250 this month.

Lowes and Home Depot have them for $199. I love it. I use it in the summer to stick through a high limit to check evaporator cleanliness before I charge a system. Saves a ton of time!

Hello I have some photos I will post here tommorow. I wish trane would own up to this issue.

sent from my kindle fire using tapatalk 2 please excuse any typographical errors using tapatalk
    If you can not do it right, Why even do it at all?

Quote Originally Posted by luv2cruiserccl View Post
    Hello I have some photos I will post here tommorow. I wish trane would own up to this issue
    They will...lawsuits are coming. apparently they learned nothing from the Bryant class action suit.

here are some photos of a trane furnace I seen this summer when going a ac call. Furnace was only a few years old. The transition piece was not racked but the secondary had little cracks everywhere and of course would leak. Homeowners ended up doing new heat ex changer even thou I suggested a few furnace but I understand there issue I just wish trane would do something about this.......

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk please excuse typographical errors
    If you can not do it right, Why even do it at all?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast