+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trane heat exchangers

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by barriefurnacerepair View Post
    This is a fantastic shot....what prompted you to pull out your snake?
    It is company policy to inspect every heat exchanger with it. You would never know it was cracked without using the snake. No flame disturbance, no CO, flue co was about 14ppm. Temp rise perfect.

Post Likes
    Could have used one today.
    I think I'm going to get me one. Johnstone has a Rigid snake for under $250 this month.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post
    Could have used one today.
    I think I'm going to get me one. Johnstone has a Rigid snake for under $250 this month.

Lowes and Home Depot have them for $199. I love it. I use it in the summer to stick through a high limit to check evaporator cleanliness before I charge a system. Saves a ton of time!

Post Likes
    Hello I have some photos I will post here tommorow. I wish trane would own up to this issue.

sent from my kindle fire using tapatalk 2 please excuse any typographical errors using tapatalk
    If you can not do it right, Why even do it at all?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by luv2cruiserccl View Post
    Hello I have some photos I will post here tommorow. I wish trane would own up to this issue
    They will...lawsuits are coming. apparently they learned nothing from the Bryant class action suit.

Post Likes
    here are some photos of a trane furnace I seen this summer when going a ac call. Furnace was only a few years old. The transition piece was not racked but the secondary had little cracks everywhere and of course would leak. Homeowners ended up doing new heat ex changer even thou I suggested a few furnace but I understand there issue I just wish trane would do something about this.......

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk please excuse typographical errors

Post Likes
    almost every brand will crack eventually. thats crazy its only like 3 years old. i find a crack i a heat exchanger atleast once a day you got to know where to look, in those dimple welds, cracked eyelets, and right inside the burner tube is the most common. you do have to look and homeowners think your just trying to find something wrong with it. but they way i see it im trying to keep their house safe

Post Likes
    here are some photos of a trane furnace I seen this summer when going a ac call. Furnace was only a few years old. The transition piece was not racked but the secondary had little cracks everywhere and of course would leak. Homeowners ended up doing new heat ex changer even thou I suggested a few furnace but I understand there issue I just wish trane would do something about this.......

http://s702.photobucket.com/albums/w...TEwNC5qcGc.jpg

Post Likes
    Sorry my photos off my phone didnt work... So here they are the one that i have seen a problem's in seem to be with the 100,000 btu models the transition was not cracked and it was coming from the plastic plate that is screwed on the secondary. the rest of it is stainless i beleive i wish they would of also dont those stainless and not cheap plastic. I hope these forms help contractors and homeowners fight this problem because its wrong........
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Post Likes
    Sorry my photos off my phone didnt work... So here they are the one that i have seen a problem's in seem to be with the 100,000 btu models the transition was not cracked and it was coming from the plastic plate that is screwed on the secondary. the rest of it is stainless i beleive i wish they would of also dont those stainless and not cheap plastic. I hope these forms help contractors and homeowners fight this problem because its wrong........
    Holy $*** that is the worst one I have seen. We have more issues with the primary than the secondary though.

Post Likes
    looks like that one's been apart before.

The last one I had w/cracked header, only time filter was cleaned was when I went and condemned it- twice. She got new one after third header failed.
    Wonder how many yrs before next failure?
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by billygoat22 View Post
    looks like that one's been apart before.

The last one I had w/cracked header, only time filter was cleaned was when I went and condemned it- twice. She got new one after third header failed.
    Wonder how many yrs before next failure?

i admit i wonder the same thing on when the next failure would be. i seen a few what i dont understand is why is so hit or miss on this issue. Are the american standard the same way just wondering

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2141 View Post
    Holy $*** that is the worst one I have seen. We have more issues with the primary than the secondary though.

well i have to say if homeowners had annual pm's done on there equipment a lot of these issue would be caught before they become like the photo's i had just posted.

Post Likes
    Just changed one today ,the round button in the middle popped pff thats where it was leaking.keeped getting a pressure switch code,if you pulled off hose and put back on the furnace relights.put in new heat exchanger high temp sealed.9hrs later it started not to light again.going back in morning to change the hose to pressure switch.and high temp seal inducer,anybody have any in put why its doing this.put on a new pressure switch already don,t know what else to check.

Post Likes
    chicagojonny, what do you mean by the button in the middle?
    Thanks

Post Likes
    the way they are made on each chamber there is a round hole with a round quater size ring that is pressed on from expanding and cotracting it popped out causing a leak

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chicagojohnny View Post
    Just changed one today ,the round button in the middle popped pff thats where it was leaking.keeped getting a pressure switch code,if you pulled off hose and put back on the furnace relights.put in new heat exchanger high temp sealed.9hrs later it started not to light again.going back in morning to change the hose to pressure switch.and high temp seal inducer,anybody have any in put why its doing this.put on a new pressure switch already don,t know what else to check.
    is this a single stage or two stage?

Post Likes
    found my problem bad board it kept the inducer running after shut down

Post Likes
    Good to hear

Post Likes
    thanks , it was a single stage,the board had to be the problem all along finding the bad heat exchanger was a bonus

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk please excuse typographical errors[/QUOTE]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in