York with ECM blower question's.

York 5ton split system questions. Unit is a split system york HP with 3 banks of electic heat.

M# MV2ODN21CB
    S# W1D2716695

Startup of a York split system. First off Plenum is a entire mess! ESP is through the roof, and duct work is only good for 1500 CFM's when it gets there.

Symptoms: Unit runs great on 1st stage of heat. 1 bank of electric heat, and HP running. Second stage heat call all banks of heat come on, and blower ramps up to 100% it runs for a minute and then shuts down. Then ramps back up for 2 minutes, and shuts back down. Its obvious that the blower is protecting it self. I put a amp probe on the blower, and everytime the ECM motor hits 6amps it shuts itself down, and then starts over.

I cut a whole in the side of the plenum and installed a 14x6 register, and i got same results. It is a given the Ductwork needs fixed. I am wondering if the motor is damaged because i reduced static, and i get same results. Only on high stage 2000 cfm call does it do this. Any help would be appreciated...

Name:  IMAG0169.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  17.0 KB
    Name:  IMAG0167.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  14.2 KB

York with ECM blower question's.

York 5ton split system questions. Unit is a split system york HP with 3 banks of electic heat.

M# MV2ODN21CB
    S# W1D2716695

Startup of a York split system. First off Plenum is a entire mess! ESP is through the roof, and duct work is only good for 1500 CFM's when it gets there.

Symptoms: Unit runs great on 1st stage of heat. 1 bank of electric heat, and HP running. Second stage heat call all banks of heat come on, and blower ramps up to 100% it runs for a minute and then shuts down. Then ramps back up for 2 minutes, and shuts back down. Its obvious that the blower is protecting it self. I put a amp probe on the blower, and everytime the ECM motor hits 6amps it shuts itself down, and then starts over.

I cut a whole in the side of the plenum and installed a 14x6 register, and i got same results. It is a given the Ductwork needs fixed. I am wondering if the motor is damaged because i reduced static, and i get same results. Only on high stage 2000 cfm call does it do this. Any help would be appreciated...

How many KW heat?

Do you need all 2000 CFM?

I have corrected many systems with similar symptoms, usually the complaint is it runs fine in heating, but does as described in cooling. I typically find the ductwork sized okay for heating and AC CFM, but installers left it blasting on high (like a 2 ton AC trying to move 1600 CFM on its factory default setting of high). Ductwork can handle 800 CFM no problem, but the ECM motor overamps when asked to deliver 1600, than goes off on safety.

Is it possible that's the only problem you have?

Whats the ESP now with the register cut in the plenum.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Ended up being a return issue. Although it is plenty large enough it seems it has so many turns that it is losing velocity. I will take pictures next time i am there.