Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 52
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,942
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    ACLU = Pinko Commie Janes

    NRA = Constitutionalists
    Nice cool. To imply that the ACLU are just "liberals" is a total joke. They are a lot closer to Marxists and or communists than just liberals, not that I like liberals that much either but at least they are not off the charts to the far left like the commie loving ACLU.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Near Atlanta, GA.
    Posts
    14,619
    They're doing it on a smaller level with ticket writing. Especially with some of the newer traffic laws that have been passed in some states. It's gotten much worse since the economy tanked; they're using the police to make up for lost tax revenue.

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,730
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Well, I would agree with you to a point Brian... hwever:

    The NRA and the ACLU are coming from two opposite places... lumping them in the same category would be merging conservatives and liberals as the same... which is NOT true.
    The ACLU does a little good and lot of bad. We should recognize them for the little good they do do.

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,709
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    The ACLU does a little good and lot of bad. We should recognize them for the little good they do do.
    We may need to agree to disagree.... IMO most of what one gets from the ACLU is as highlited above...

    Here is the problem I have with them: What someone does is not as important as the attitude behind what is being done. Things are never as they appear.

    Is it a good idea to have someone that allows every religion except Christianity to publicly display their stuff... tell us about freedom of expression? There is DEFINITELY a double standard going on there.
    So do we glorify someone that operates a double standard... or do we require accountability?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,730
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    We may need to agree to disagree.... IMO most of what one gets from the ACLU is as highlited above...

    Here is the problem I have with them: What someone does is not as important as the attitude behind what is being done. Things are never as they appear.

    Is it a good idea to have someone that allows every religion except Christianity to publicly display their stuff... tell us about freedom of expression? There is DEFINITELY a double standard going on there.
    So do we glorify someone that operates a double standard... or do we require accountability?
    I would imagine they will be the first powerful organization to fight RFID.

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    I'm an old cowhand from the Rio Grande
    Posts
    17,089
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Is it a good idea to have someone that allows every religion except Christianity to publicly display their stuff... tell us about freedom of expression? There is DEFINITELY a double standard going on there.
    So do we glorify someone that operates a double standard... or do we require accountability?
    As usual, your view is both inaccurate and shallow.


    In their fight to protect their ultimate client, the U.S. Constitution, the ACLU has represented in court, filed suits on behalf of, and provided valuable consel to Christians, Christian groups, Christian school groups, Christian indiviuals, ministers, and preachers, in a variety of situations ranging from religious displays, prayer in school, public demonstrations, the distibution of Christian materials, to anti-abortion ads on public buses.


    Of course it has long been known that in your world facts and reality are considered null and void.

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,709
    RFID is OLD news...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,730
    Some here may dislike the ACLU but what large legal organization looks out for our civil rights like they do? Name one.

    If the ACLU filed suit on behalf of the drug dealers in Tennessee that are having their cash stolen from them by the local law enforcement, would you object to that?

    Many who are told to dislike the ACLU cannot see past the surface of their actions.

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,709
    Would you support the KKK if they offered to cleaned the streets?

    Sleeping with the enemy is trusting someone that will turn on you when they can.

    What the ACLU stands for is NOT what the Constitution stands for... folks really need to learn the difference.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  10. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    20,677
    Yep. TN is wrong and royc is right.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

    For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

    http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

    Proud member of KA Club

  11. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    891
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Would you support the KKK if they offered to cleaned the streets?

    Sleeping with the enemy is trusting someone that will turn on you when they can.

    What the ACLU stands for is NOT what the Constitution stands for... folks really need to learn the difference.
    There is no one in the country that is for the what the Constitution stands for.

    I can't really condemn the ACLU when they are one of the few organizations standing up against things like indefinite detention without a trial.

  12. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    4,543
    Hello Mr bootlen, good to see you back, hope everything is well on your end.

    Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

  13. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,709
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    There is no one in the country that is for the what the Constitution stands for.

    I can't really condemn the ACLU when they are one of the few organizations standing up against things like indefinite detention without a trial.
    Well lessee... lets just trade the Constitution for the ACLU... after all, the latter (a bunch of idiot lawyers) is all we got... Sure is a bright future suggested here.

    You will pardon my lack of enthusiasm over a choice as bad as that.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event