Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

When is it law enforcement and when is it shaking down the public for cash?

This video came across my Email box... to say I was shocked is an understatement.

This kind of stuff is a sign of govt out-stepping their bounds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOcacu2pJD0

Be sure to watch to the end... one last video clip tells it all.

GA's question: How much is enough, and how much is too much?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

I remember seeing a 60 minutes years ago about people carrying large amounts of cash on them..... had one nursery owner who went to buy a large amount of plants and stuff and took cash because the place wouldnt take a check. The police stopped him and kept his money.

Lot of folks carry large amounts of cash either because they dont like checks etc.... or they are dealing with people who want cash.....and the police...when finding this cash...... it dont matter if you are a preacher going to by a ton of bibles and can prove it...... they will automatically assume it is drug money and will take it.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Let me tell you that "The War on Drugs" was NEVER meant to stop drug use, I can tell you that from personal experience living in Chicago. LEO's use to make fun of the early war on marijuana, saying that it will bring lots of jobs and money to law enforcement, and that was in the sixties.

Here is someone who knows the system well........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=piplJu18gvs#!

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

I know the 'war on drugs' has nothing to do with public safety and well being... it is basically more govt control.

I read somewhere recently the govt refuses to allow studies of what effect smoking cannibus has on folks... sounds like someone is hiding something to me.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    I know the 'war on drugs' has nothing to do with public safety and well being... it is basically more govt control.

I read somewhere recently the govt refuses to allow studies of what effect smoking cannibus has on folks... sounds like someone is hiding something to me.
    Think of the amount of jobs that would be lost if they legalized pot. At least that is what is going through their heads. And I'd bet 90% of the money they steal from those motorists is pot procedes. More reason for them to keep it illegal.

What would you say Brian, if YOU were ripped off? Would it be different, or would you come on here a H-talk ARP and thank the govt for ripping you off.

And NO, I do not think most of the $$$ is drug $$$. That is, IMO, one of those 'the govt is always right' comments.

I do hope you DO get ripped off, and BADLY, by the govt... it appears a bad experience is the only thing which will get through your hard head...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

What would you say Brian, if YOU were ripped off? Would it be different, or would you come on here a H-talk ARP and thank the govt for ripping you off.

And NO, I do not think most of the $$$ is drug $$$. That is, IMO, one of those 'the govt is always right' comments.

I do hope you DO get ripped off, and BADLY, by the govt... it appears a bad experience is the only thing which will get through your hard head...
    You read my post completely backwards. I do not condone what the police are doing and feel they are the next closet thing to the criminals they steal from.

If the Mexican drug cartel is that strong maybe they should do a drive-by with a mini-gun when the cops are all lined up in row. Like ducks in a barrel. Or maybe plant a flashbomb in the trunk. Then the money they steal wouldn't be so free.

A perfect text book example of how power corrupts IMO.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

I don’t understand how they are not required to enter the money into states evidence. How do they deem money to be drugmoney but not the possessor of the money a drug dealer? How does a cop acquit someone on the roadside? He doesn’t have that authority.

Seems there are not only state crimes being committed but federal as well…not to mention constitutional rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    I don’t understand how they are not required to enter the money into states evidence. How do they deem money to be drugmoney but not the possessor of the money a drug dealer? How does a cop acquit someone on the roadside? He doesn’t have that authority.

Seems there are not only state crimes being committed but federal as well…not to mention constitutional rights.
    The first highlight; you are correct; they do NOT have that authority... just as they do NOT have the authority to assume the $$$ is drug $$$.
    What is glaringly missing here is the rule of law. Both the state of Tennessee as well as the Federal govt have specific laws that MUST be followed... I see flagrant violations of the rule of law.

The second highlight; YOU, my friend, have come to the conclusion we are fussing about!!! The Constitution has lots of language in it which restricts and forbids govts from taking personal or private property without 'due process' of law. It is what makes our country FREE. The Constitution is being violated here... in GA's opinion kinda a test cast to see if they can get away with it.
    Now if there is a public outcry about this or that govt authority violating the Constitution, well they will back off.
    If, OTOH, nobody does anything other than show a few news stories and fuss on the internet... well after a few years of these violations... folks will get used to it. That last part 'folks get used to it' is the most dangerous thing which can happen: Folks get used to the govt violating their rights.
    So how far does this go before we end up in slavery to that same govt?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

The first highlight; you are correct; they do NOT have that authority... just as they do NOT have the authority to assume the $$$ is drug $$$.
    What is glaringly missing here is the rule of law. Both the state of Tennessee as well as the Federal govt have specific laws that MUST be followed... I see flagrant violations of the rule of law.

The second highlight; YOU, my friend, have come to the conclusion we are fussing about!!! The Constitution has lots of language in it which restricts and forbids govts from taking personal or private property without 'due process' of law. It is what makes our country FREE. The Constitution is being violated here... in GA's opinion kinda a test cast to see if they can get away with it.
    Now if there is a public outcry about this or that govt authority violating the Constitution, well they will back off.
    If, OTOH, nobody does anything other than show a few news stories and fuss on the internet... well after a few years of these violations... folks will get used to it. That last part 'folks get used to it' is the most dangerous thing which can happen: Folks get used to the govt violating their rights.
    So how far does this go before we end up in slavery to that same govt?
    They get away with that stuff by going after undesirable drug dealers first. After we relinquish their rights we open the door for them to do it to us next.

The NRA and ACLU know how to handle them best…never give up anything because their real agenda is to take everything.

Well, I would agree with you to a point Brian... hwever:

The NRA and the ACLU are coming from two opposite places... lumping them in the same category would be merging conservatives and liberals as the same... which is NOT true.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

ACLU = Pinko Commie Janes

NRA = Constitutionalists
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast