Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Regardless of how one lies to themselves... ANY time one pays more tax... they have a tax increase.

Google the word increase... DUH

Now for the magic question: Do you libs really LIKE paying more tax?

Do you think someone else is gonna pay it for you?

Get ready... even you libs are gonna get ripped off by the govt you blindly support... we will see how much you like it then.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

The world is gonna end in 11 days, nothin to worry about

Quote Originally Posted by energy star View Post
    I have no idea who snopes is, but that urban legends posted above is bogus. But yes netsalt, that is correct, and may I say that's the first factual statement you posted to date. Congrats! Also the "tax increases" are actually just bringing the TAX back to what it was over a decade ago! (Bush) for the most part.
    Got a million of em - all verifiable, unlike pass along emails used by others. Not sure what you are getting at.

Maybe some people do like paying more taxes.....generally that leads to a better standard of living.

The tax rate in America is 0-39%.....with many of your wealthiest companies paying 0-10%. GE paid 0 federal taxes while having manufacturing sites overseas.

This talk of fewer taxes for the wealthy sounds great on paper and you people really do make a great case but in the real world it doesn't seem to work.

As many conservatives are willing to say the only reason for business is to make money, the problem is, when is enough enough? When does a company owner decide to cut his losses and do the right thing or sell out his own country and take every benefit he can get?

Regulations regulations regulations, they are destroying America, no.... They are keeping the dead mice out of your spam and stopping people from blowing cigarette smoke in your face while you're in the hospital. Let's do away with all of these regulations that way business owners can come back to America make tons of money, keep nearly all of it, not pay us enough to live on so that we have to work 2 or 3 jobs, and all the while we have to deal with maggots in our beans.

Forgot to mention that now that companies have tasted the profit margin in other countries there's no way they will ever come back to America unless maybe we do away with all regulations, lower our wages to say 3 or 4 dollars an hour, and increase shifts to 12-18 hours a day.

Tell you what: If folks really believe the lies you posted... then they deserve the poor standard of living they will get under an overbearing govt.

Freedom is not bad... what is bad is folks who refuse to take freedom and use it for the good of all.

Remember that dude named Carnegie... the one who built steel from nothing to making America one of the greatest industrial powers in the world... Well he gave away most of his fortune over his retirement... guy funded literally tens of thousands of libraries all over the world.
    Then there was Henry Ford who brought the motorcar from a rich person's toy to the masses. He started the 40 hr work week and paid his employees over twice what the competition did.

Bet your liberal friends did not tell you about those millionaires...

Business is not all bad... and it is obvious you have never run a small business. If you had, you would understand.

Here is a question for you: Are you satisfied making a salary, while your boss makes big bucks? Would you be willing to make the big bucks also? If so, then start your own business... then after a few years of the govt taxing you to death, while they literally buy votes from folks too lazy to work... with YOUR profits... you will see it differently.

If someone does not have the experience to personally know... they are not a qualified voice to speak.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

I only drink a little, but when I do
    I turn into another person and THAT person drinks a lot

Cool video Jmac, that one goes to another site...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

This is why I have nearly stopped posting here. My comment was taken and twisted into being something about small businesses.... which it wasn't.

Actually I am in the process of starting up a small business.....if I can bring home anywhere near what I make now....roughly 20k per year it would be well worth it to not have to deal with a boss who claims we are going broke yet goes to Vegas twice a month, drives a Rolls Royce to work, claims that we will buy anything including a black man face down......allows his management to cuss employees in front of customers....the man who made an agreement to give me and one other a half percent commission bonus over two months ago that we haven't seen....man I could keep going but I think you get the point.

I'm sick of this conservative mentality....all of my fellow employees save one are conservative...they all spew the N word at the drop of a hat....very few of them are willing to do anything for themselves every single customer every single phone call they're calling me and the other guy up front to do their jobs for them and they turn around and claim that they are the best thing since sliced bread and since we are the lowest paid guys that we are worth nothing, we are simply replaceable yet we do everything.

My conservative boss is 2 hours late to work every day, sits on the couch in our lobby all day while his paperwork piles up and talks to his conservative friend..... the guy who set up an appointment for the state to come down and administer LP Gas tests for us and then the day of the test he says, "I forgot to study I can't take this test" and doesn't even attempt to answer the questions.

Maybe it's just my area but from what I've seen conservatives are all talk and no action.

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    This is why I have nearly stopped posting here. My comment was taken and twisted into being something about small businesses.... which it wasn't.

Actually I am in the process of starting up a small business.....if I can bring home anywhere near what I make now....roughly 20k per year it would be well worth it to not have to deal with a boss who claims we are going broke yet goes to Vegas twice a month, drives a Rolls Royce to work, claims that we will buy anything including a black man face down......allows his management to cuss employees in front of customers....the man who made an agreement to give me and one other a half percent commission bonus over two months ago that we haven't seen....man I could keep going but I think you get the point.

I'm sick of this conservative mentality....all of my fellow employees save one are conservative...they all spew the N word at the drop of a hat....very few of them are willing to do anything for themselves every single customer every single phone call they're calling me and the other guy up front to do their jobs for them and they turn around and claim that they are the best thing since sliced bread and since we are the lowest paid guys that we are worth nothing, we are simply replaceable yet we do everything.

My conservative boss is 2 hours late to work every day, sits on the couch in our lobby all day while his paperwork piles up and talks to his conservative friend..... the guy who set up an appointment for the state to come down and administer LP Gas tests for us and then the day of the test he says, "I forgot to study I can't take this test" and doesn't even attempt to answer the questions.

Maybe it's just my area but from what I've seen conservatives are all talk and no action.
    so, your going to start your own business 'eh. Welcome to the Conservative party. Enjoy your stay.
    I only drink a little, but when I do
    I turn into another person and THAT person drinks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post

Tell you what: I will make a wager with you:

Go for that business! Us 'hard ass conservatives' here at ARP who own businesses will help you along... seriously.

Now here is the wager: $1 says you do not understand at this time what a TRUE conservative is... you are believing the lie the media and the DEMS tell. IF, after a year of running your business, you have not changed your mind about what a TRUE conservative is... you win. IF, on the other hand (OTOH), you realize you were duped by the media... and realize us conservatives are really good guys (and not what you believe now), then I win the buck.
    Fair enough?

In the mean time, the offer to help you get your business going, stands. You are welcome to look in my profile and contact me by email if you prefer to ask question and/or discuss things in private.

BTW: Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to you... methinks you are about to have one of the most rewarding years of your life in 2013.

BTW: Your reasoning for starting a business is the same as mine was 33 years ago (1979)...I realized most bosses, while a few are benevolent good guys, are in it for the $$$ and employees are just tools to be used (used up). I decided I could do better on my own... the decision was the right one...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

You don't even make 10 bucks an hour? You need to get out of that hell hole.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post

Tell you what: I will make a wager with you:

Go for that business! Us 'hard ass conservatives' here at ARP who own businesses will help you along... seriously.

Now here is the wager: $1 says you do not understand at this time what a TRUE conservative is... you are believing the lie the media and the DEMS tell. IF, after a year of running your business, you have not changed your mind about what a TRUE conservative is... you win. IF, on the other hand (OTOH), you realize you were duped by the media... and realize us conservatives are really good guys (and not what you believe now), then I win the buck.
    Fair enough?

In the mean time, the offer to help you get your business going, stands. You are welcome to look in my profile and contact me by email if you prefer to ask question and/or discuss things in private.

BTW: Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to you... methinks you are about to have one of the most rewarding years of your life in 2013.
    I appreciate the offer....and Merry Christmas and Happy New year to you as well.

Not going to make that bet, not because I'm afraid of losing...but because I know that I will lose. My beliefs are not based solely off the media but mostly off of people around me. The media can be twisted, but being around someone nearly all day everyday will tell you the truth about them.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post

so, your going to start your own business 'eh. Welcome to the Conservative party. Enjoy your stay.
    Are all business owners conservative?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast