This had been discussed a little in a separate post, but I'm looking for recommendations for heating an attached 3-car garage. Garage is about 900 sq. ft with 9 foot ceilings. I live in Wisconsin, so the winters get cold, but I'm only looking to keep things above freezing and warm it up enough (~60 deg) to work comfortably with a light jacket. I wouldn't bother going above 40 on the coldest days. The garage walls, ceiling, and doors are all insulated, and with 2 shared walls with the house, keep the garage above freezing for all but the few coldest days currently.

I'm leaning toward a natural gas unit heater becuase the ceiling mounting gets it off the floor for space and fume considerations. I also like the idea of sealed combustion, although it may not be required for my needs. Any other options, though, are appreciated.

Options I have heard of include:

-Reznor
    -ADP Cayenne
    -Modine HotDawg
    -Dayton

Any opinions or experience on the best (or worst) options are appreciated.

Go with the Hotdawg. Its low profile and is power vented. You can side discharge it too.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

I put a Fujitsu ductless in mine.
    Toasty warm in the winter.
    Cool in the summer.
    And no worries about nat. gas in the garage.
    Then again, I am a dealer.

I went with heat pump because of old GTO convertible and 2 sweaty English bulldogs,it is ALL beef out in that garage.
    It's NOT the BRAND,it's the company that installs it!!!!!

Hot dawg has my vote.
    Take your time & do it right!

You might have your contractor show you some gas fired infra red heaters if your floor plan & usage is open, rather than wasting energy on heating air, it just heats you & your work area.

CAUTION - If you use gas, be sure your contractor takes all appropriate code required steps to keep you safe. This includes limiting your use of paints & combustibles.

I live in Wi. also, the winters do get cold, but not like they used to!!! I think we do get too cold for a heat pump to work on our very cold days (-10).
    I would go with a ceiling mounted also, sealed combustion (too many flamables in a gagage, my uncle has a new house because of that very reason!!!)nat. gas.

Check with a local heating conractor (or three) see what others in your area are using sucessfully.

Good luck.

go with the infared, i prefer the brand roberts gordon.