+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best pawn shop deal ?

Post Likes

Best pawn shop deal ?

Found a new JB DV 200N in Cash America priced at $130 ! Got it home and it works perfectly. Who ever priced it had no idea what they had.

Post Likes
    Not a pawn shop, but was at a flea market a few summers ago - woman was selling next to new Craftsman and some nice Snap-On sets. I asked her the price, she said, "give me a number". I said "how's $50 sound", expecting her to laugh. Turns out it was ok with her. She also had some HUGE pipe wrenches and Channellock sets, most of which I snagged for an additional $50.

She told me her plumber husband had been having an affair. She kicked him out and dragged everything out of the garage to sell.

Post Likes
    Picked up a NRP 3cfm two stage vacuum pump at local aution house for $35. They were trying to sell it as an air compressor. Got it home works great!

Post Likes
    I got a brand new (as in still wrapped in plastic) Bacharach HT278 flaring, swaging, cutting kit for 10 dollars in a pawn shop in a town about an hour from my hometown. I was on a job with a co-worker and he was driving. It was the end of the day and I wanted to jusy get home but he insisted we stop at this little run down pawn shop. The guy at the counter didnt even know what it was. Needless to say I was glad we stopped.
    The only true knowledge is the pursuit of knowledge

Post Likes
    I bought a new in the box Johnson Controls H10G leak detector and a Fluke 116/322 combo all new never used in a pawn shop. I also came across a fieldpiece SRS2C and DeWalt DC840KA new but didn't get them. I see alot of good little deals in pawnshops. Good place to get things when your first starting out.
    ®

Post Likes
    FP hs36 like new, 25 bucks. Was my first dig multimeter

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

Post Likes
    You're all happy now until your truck gets jacked and you're buying back your own tools.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    You're all happy now until your truck gets jacked and you're buying back your own tools.
    Lmao
    Too true

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

Post Likes
    I first saw the Yellow Jacket Supervac 6 cfm at the Pawn shop in April of this year, they wanted 320 for it. I passed on it that day. I went back in July and they had it for 120 I did buy it that day. I had just bought a new JB 4 cfm two weeks earlier brand new. I only use the supervac now as the JB has only been used a couple times.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Solutions Heating and Air, Inc. Jacksonville, Florida "Solutions for All Your HVAC Needs"

Post Likes
    I bought my Fluke 16 for $35.00 at a pawn shop several years ago.Also got my megger and some spare oxy/acet bottles. Have not seen many ''deals'' in quite some time though.

Post Likes
    bought my first pro press from a pawn shop for $600. Poor bastard kept bringing in taking a cash loan against it until he couldn't pay it back

Post Likes
    I havn't found hardly any good deals at pawn shops in years. 25 years ago you could buy jam packed tackle boxes for $25, bet I bought a good 7 to 10 of them. Tools were real reasonable ad I found 3 of the real old style hand tongs . Ya ireally hit op pawn shops and garage sales.

Now I never see many deals . most pawn shops I talk to say they use 75% of new price. Had 1 pawn shop that I was trying to get their roto hamer bits from. They are in a town I go threw every year or 2 so I stopped there everytime I went thru . They had a nice selection of ones that would fit my Hilti , must have had about 30 of the long ones that I mainly use. I worked on that guy over 8 years stopping in looking to see if they were still there. Everytime I went in they were still there and he wanted pretty near new price. I finally told him that he should lower the price enough to make them sell so he can use the money to by something else that sells. He just said thats the price and he will let them set. Told him that being I had tried getting them for over 8 years and had bought some things in the mean time , so if thats what kind of prices he expects ...... I'm done stopping here period. NEVER stopped there again

I think your better off with garage sales anymore if you have spare time between bids and service calls. Have to laugh at that being I never did that during work hour till one of my best friends told me he did it all the time during the day. I was kidding to him one day about all the business trucks stopping at rumage sales . He just said ....... DON"T YOU. Ya he agreed you don't want employees doing that ,but your not an employee. hmmm ok so now I stop at ones that look good and I have the time

Post Likes
    brought a Fluke 115 new for $70 at a pawn shop

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in