Post Likes

Glad I could help...NOT!!!

As some of you may know by following the forums I had surgery. I am presently going to physical therapy. Last week I had a substitute therapist. We got to talking. He was a carpenter in a previous life and got into healthcare when the construction bottom fell out. At some point in time, he didn't pay his mortgage for 6 months, which qualified him for some "reassesment". They put his deliquent payments on the backside of the loan. OK fine, no big deal. Then he tells me he just got a call from his bank. The "tax payer funded help the deadbeat act" is going to payoff $80,000 principal on his house note. WTF!!! In my estimates, that's probably the hit in depreciation he took since the housing bubble burst, because that's about what I lost on my house. It doesn't pay to pay the bills.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post

As some of you may know by following the forums I had surgery. I am presently going to physical therapy. Last week I had a substitute therapist. We got to talking. He was a carpenter in a previous life and got into healthcare when the construction bottom fell out. At some point in time, he didn't pay his mortgage for 6 months, which qualified him for some "reassesment". They put his deliquent payments on the backside of the loan. OK fine, no big deal. Then he tells me he just got a call from his bank. The "tax payer funded help the deadbeat act" is going to payoff $80,000 principal on his house note. WTF!!! In my estimates, that's probably the hit in depreciation he took since the housing bubble burst, because that's about what I lost on my house. It doesn't pay to pay the bills.
    That story sounds fishy, yet I am still thinking it might be better to switch to substance farming and cash sales and get freebies rather than actually working for a living. Not trying to be lazy, but not trying to be stupid either.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

I like having infraction points, it makes me feel like 'one of the guys'.

"I am not here to rescue you, I am bringing you along for emergency rations" Quark.

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

My front door is locked. For your personal protection.