Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

DX9100 N2 point mapping

So let's jump back to 1999 quick. This building has a JCI NCM350 connecting about 25 different devices via N2. They use Windows 95 and an ancient version of Metasys that is 100% text based and blue and yellow in color scheme.

Their system works fine, but it's 2016 and they want Niagara. So here I am attempting to do a conversion from JCI N2 to N4 on a JACE-8000 with a N2 driver.

I was able to discover all of the devices. Life is good so far. It's just too bad the installing contractor didn't create point names on any of the DX9100s or UNT controllers.

So I am now using as-built drawings that have been helpful to an extent but I have not been able to get network setpoints into the system.

I am basically going back and forth between the old Metasys and my N4 JACE to match point addresses with names.

The problem: The network setpoints (DAT SP, MAT SP, HTG SP, etc) all show up on Metasys as AD_1-14 (or some sort of variation)

If you've ever used the N2 driver on niagara it is pretty straight forward when coming to manually creating points. However, there is no AD point type to choose from. Only ADF and ADI, and these don't get me any values (typically just 0's).

How do I get these setpoints into my JACE because otherwise I'm screwed.

TL;DR -- How do I get AD points from N2 into Niagara N4 using a N2 driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I would create a DMO file and see what point is being referenced for the setpoints you are after. Then use that reference point on your JACE.

Post Likes
    Created a DMO. But as said before no name tags were created so the best I would be doing is guessing because the file generated gives me every point imaginable by a DX9100.

Post Likes
    If you upload a program out of it, it will not have any tags.

Been a few since I messed with this last but there is a manual you need that will help sort out the mappings. I can see if I have it latter today. Some points in the 9100 are not accessible with the N2 driver from maxline. Might get lucky and its a non-issue, might have to rework the 9100 a bit if your not.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    See page 35 on.

So the Maxline N2 driver is looking for the Network point type and address shown in the this chart. You can look at the program and see what module it is, cross refrence that to the what the N2 driver is looking for. So DCO7 is BD7, etc. The problem I ran into is the driver does not support some of the higher number modules. So if they have 4 PIDs, you might only be able to access the first two or some crazy crap. To get those I had to link in unused ACO/DCOs that I could access and link them up and download.

9100s can be a real PITA to work with in that driver. If its chuck full of programing, you will be money ahead to place it in the nearest dumpster and replace it.

Its been a few years since I used it, but this manual, the 9100 config manual and 9100 programming software were all required to make heads or tails of it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. Likes WillyTech liked this post
    Post Likes
    So what you're saying is that they could have possible used a DATSP not as an ACO but as part of a module in the 9100. I just might need to find (guess) which point that is and pull it out (hopefully)

Post Likes
    Pretty sure that is the case. They are not like the canned N2 stuff.

It might be a point on a PID loop, so its a matter of figuring out what the hell its mapped with that manual and looking at the programming.

Post Likes
    I think I'm on to it. The DAT is reset and then fed into a PID as a remote setpoint. This has been such a headache.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by syenergyriv View Post
    I think I'm on to it. The DAT is reset and then fed into a PID as a remote setpoint. This has been such a headache.

You can get all the info you need from the DDL files under the project\project#\site name\ddl. It sounds like they used a CS Object to map some of the points. The model.ddl file will give you that information.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
    You can get all the info you need from the DDL files under the project\project#\site name\ddl. It sounds like they used a CS Object to map some of the points. The model.ddl file will give you that information.
    Where can I find this I only see DMO and DXS files in my gx9100 folder on my computer

Post Likes
    DDL Files are in the project folder usually in a subfolder named DDL. If there are none you can do an unddl to create them.

Post Likes
    I will send you a program I've used in the past that might help. Needs to be run on 32 bit machine. Converts DMO to DDL and could be useful. I have done lots of DX9100 integration to Niagara and it can tough!! I use the JCI jace that has some neat tools that allows for auto proxying of points using the resource file. Sounds like the maxline only allows for manual mapping? Like Orion said, you may need to do some reprogramming to get the function you want. I'm assuming because of the limit of 8 ACO's and DCO's that they might be all in use?? But making a open ACO if available your new DAT-SP then linking it to the DAT-PID remote setpoint would work. Also I would bet point names were created originally, you have to find the original .tag file. It's possible it was saved on the host machine I would look for that guy. If it isn't there then your stuck creating new point names. JCI also makes a new controller that is software configurable N2 or bacnet. You need PCT10.0 or higher the newest is 10.2 and a PCG controller. Then the DX9100 goes in the garbage!! I think that's where they were made originally!!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Norriski Tech View Post
    I will send you a program I've used in the past that might help. Needs to be run on 32 bit machine. Converts DMO to DDL and could be useful. I have done lots of DX9100 integration to Niagara and it can tough!! I use the JCI jace that has some neat tools that allows for auto proxying of points using the resource file. Sounds like the maxline only allows for manual mapping? Like Orion said, you may need to do some reprogramming to get the function you want. I'm assuming because of the limit of 8 ACO's and DCO's that they might be all in use?? But making a open ACO if available your new DAT-SP then linking it to the DAT-PID remote setpoint would work. Also I would bet point names were created originally, you have to find the original .tag file. It's possible it was saved on the host machine I would look for that guy. If it isn't there then your stuck creating new point names. JCI also makes a new controller that is software configurable N2 or bacnet. You need PCT10.0 or higher the newest is 10.2 and a PCG controller. Then the DX9100 goes in the garbage!! I think that's where they were made originally!!!
    Thank you for the tool. I will give it a shot. The system is ancient and they don't want to replace anything. As far as ACO usage goes. They only use 4/8 for anything and when you say host machine, do you mean that brick with metasys running on it? I don't have to manually create points if I don't want to, but have been playing guessing games with various points from the blocks available trying to find something that resembles a DATSP.

We install FECs, PCGs and PCVs all the time with PCT and those are always smooth. They just don't want to fix what isn't physically broken yet which the 9100s are not but I agree they are ****.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast