Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Quantumstate View Post
    I guess you're a Fedders man, Mr Bill...
    Used to be a Fedders dealer back in 1971-72 but now a Ruud dealer, and trust me, Trane nor Carrier have anything better to offer than Ruud, O except for a higher price if that counts.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

but have only gotten crap from the likes of worthless Mr Bill.
    Look boy, calling someone an engineer is different than worthless, just because your old lady ran off with the a/c man, don't take it out on us.
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    Look boy, calling someone an engineer is different than worthless, just because your old lady ran off with the a/c man, don't take it out on us.
    Yeah, I am an ME and have just learned to ignore Mr. Bill

Quote Originally Posted by beshvac View Post
    Yeah, I am an ME and have just learned to ignore Mr. Bill
    Hey I am service tech, and a dang good one at that, our job is to talk about the equipment, not necessary the folks that design it, unless they start calling us names.

What is the definition of an engineer? Answer: Someone who solves a problem you didn't know you had, in a way you don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    Hey I am service tech, and a dang good one at that, our job is to talk about the equipment, not necessary the folks that design it, unless they start calling us names.

What is the definition of an engineer? Answer: Someone who solves a problem you didn't know you had, in a way you don't understand.

Yeah, I know why you are a RUDE dealer.

I have been a commercial real estate developer for 22 years. So you can talk to me like a grown-up.
    and this qualifies you how???

if you were that qualified, why are you here?

move on and don't come back, until you post your "... my system does not work..." questions.

bye, bye.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

But you are not here, are you beshvac?
    did you try looking in the Contractor locator section to find a QUALIFIED person in your area?
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Western WA spans several 1,000's square miles so NO one knows your location.
    It's all about LOCATION- LOCATION - LOCATION.

Generally, one would use a heat pump in WA.
    I would say heat strips are sufficient given that the heat pump is sized for Head Load in the NW.
    + electric rates are generally Extremely Low in WA.

Send building plans and location and I'll tell you what size heat pump and strips you need.

U-value of windows MUST be determined.

Perform a Blower Door test to determine infiltration
    which may be >> 20% of the Heat Load if care was not taken to make it tight.
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    did you try looking in the Contractor locator section to find a QUALIFIED person in your area?
    If you have any illusions of me hiring you, think again.

Hello Dan, apparently we can't have a civilized discussion here, so I tried to PM you but can't find any mechanism. I run Linux so don't have Skype set up. I'd put my company website here, but these people are just so nasty here and after 30 minutes I can't edit posts. The mods knock out earnest contributions and questions in others' threads in a second, but where are they when this sh*t goes on? Do they like this in their forum?

Agree, and I expect to run the HP at least 80% of the time. I question whether it's worth the XC95m, but there don't seem to be any decent alternatives. I would like to have the flexibility of using gas, even though our electricity here is socialized and so is about the cheapest in the nation, not to mention being mostly hydro and green as can be.

Then there are my other questions.

If you have any illusions of me hiring you, think again.

Hello Dan, apparently we can't have a civilized discussion here, so I tried to PM you but can't find any mechanism. I run Linux so don't have Skype set up. I'd put my company website here, but these people are just so nasty here and after 30 minutes I can't edit posts. The mods knock out earnest contributions and questions in others' threads in a second, but where are they when this sh*t goes on? Do they like this in their forum?

Agree, and I expect to run the HP at least 80% of the time. I question whether it's worth the XC95m, but there don't seem to be any decent alternatives. I would like to have the flexibility of using gas, even though our electricity here is socialized and so is about the cheapest in the nation, not to mention being mostly hydro and green as can be.

Then there are my other questions.
    See my profile for my e-mail.
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Performance Estimate

2,000 square foot residence may require 37,000 BTUH at 15'F

Carrier Heat Pump Performance for Model 25HCC5
    3.5 ton is on page 20.

_ _ General energy costs

Station: Fort Lewis / Gray U. S. Army Airfield, WA, US (122.58W,47.08N)
    Station ID: KGRF
    ___________________ $ 0.06 /kw ___ 12,600 Kw per year for heating
    Month starting ___ HDD ___ $756 . / year
    12/1/2011 ___ 867 ___ 15.2% __ $114.77
    1/1/2012 ___ 842 ___ 14.7%__ $111.46
    2/1/2012 ___ 699 ___ 12.2%__ $92.53
    3/1/2012 ___ 707 ___ 12.4%__ $93.59
    4/1/2012 ___ 475 ___ 8.3% ___ $62.88
    5/1/2012 ___ 368 ___ 6.4% ___ $48.71
    6/1/2012 ___ 252 ___ 4.4% ___ $33.36
    7/1/2012 ___ 134 ___ 2.3% ___ $17.74
    8/1/2012 ___ 109 ___ 1.9% ___ $14.43
    9/1/2012 ___ 223 ___ 3.9% ___ $29.52
    10/1/2012 ___ 428 ___ 7.5% ___ $56.66
    11/1/2012 ___ 607 ___ 10.6%__ $80.35

____________ 5,711 Annual Heating Degree Days (HDD)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Designer Dan

Comfort R is a Trane feature on var speed blowers that supposedly gives more humidity control during the cooling mode. If set up correctly,during AC cooling, air moves over the coil more slowly at start-up resulting in increased moisture removal. I personally think this is more hype and a sales tool than anything else and of course other brands such as the Carrier Infinity/Bryant Evolution systems have something similar, even better.
    As stated, it has to be set up correctly and I have found that some Trane installers are deficient in this area. The settings are made to "on/off dip switches" that are inside the control cabinet for either a var speed furnace or air handler. Really I think the settings are self explanatory if one is literate, has basic HVAC knowledge, and knows his equipment. Instructions are inside the control panel door. I suggest you go over this at the airhandler with the installer before he leaves the job to verify the settings are correct. Since this is a new install, it is not up to you to make the settings.
    ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/hvac/msg0422373318975.html

Field charger
    Charges contaminants so they are attracted
    to oppositely charged collection cells.
    http://www.fairweatherac.com/documen...fectscolor.pdf

Couldn't find specific programming documentation on the STAT
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMaKX...yer_detailpage

If you oversize a coil, you have to provide the correct size metering device.
    Normally the chosen seer already gives you increased coil surface area to achieve it
    Economy - Quality - Speed <---- pick two

Have you contacted WHAC Corporation.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast