Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Michigan right to work law

Something strange this way blows.

I was hoping you fellas can explain this to me. Michigan has passed a right to work law. The puzzling part to me is that Michigan is a democrat state and supported BO for president. It just seems weird to me that this law passed. Do the voters in this state only vote in national elections or do they not pay a lick of attention to state elections, or what? Michigan is a strong union state. Any thoughts?
    I have my own little world. But it's OK...they know me here.

I heard about that on the news. I don't think it's gonna stand. The unions are pretty strong up there unlike where I live.

Unions in general are on the decline. Less people are in them and more people are realizing that they have to pay more for the goods and services of people that are in them.

Quote Originally Posted by clifpaul View Post
    I heard about that on the news. I don't think it's gonna stand. The unions are pretty strong up there unlike where I live.
    A quote from the horses mouth,Bob King of the UAW "I think we kinda overstepped ourselves". Proposition #2 failed ina big way.
    FEN

Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post

I was hoping you fellas can explain this to me. Michigan has passed a right to work law. The puzzling part to me is that Michigan is a democrat state and supported BO for president. It just seems weird to me that this law passed. Do the voters in this state only vote in national elections or do they not pay a lick of attention to state elections, or what? Michigan is a strong union state. Any thoughts?
    Both the Michigan state house and senate are controlled by republicans. Its governor, Richard Snyder, is also a republican.
    If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail. Abraham Maslow

Maybe well get some jobs back here now.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Schoen View Post
    Both the Michigan state house and senate are controlled by republicans. Its governor, Richard Snyder, is also a republican.
    I understand that, that's what I find strange. The folks of michigan voted a majority of republicans in the state house, senate and a republican governor. But voted for a democrat president the last two years, just seems odd to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Joehvac25 View Post
    I really hope so.

I really hope so.
    Seems like people can't get out of mi fast enuf, so I hope that changes. The current situation is pathetic.

last one out, please shut the lights off............haven't seen that bumper sticker since the late 70's early 80's

last one out, please shut the lights off............haven't seen that bumper sticker since the late 70's early 80's
    Must be made in mi lol

The jobs situation has become rather dismal. People do not like it. The first whining about jobs was about shipping jobs overseas, next came illegal alien workers taking jobs. Now it is becoming a state-to-state contest issue. Downward spiral.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"I say we just nuke them from space, that is the only way to be sure". Winch from ALIENS, forgot her name.

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

My front door is locked. For your personal protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Joehvac25 View Post
    Let's hope so. Fortunately, Michigan will likely have unemployment rates better than California and Nevada for some time to come.
    If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail. Abraham Maslow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast