Rheem/Ruud TEV Issues

Anyone having TEV issues with Rheem or Ruud units?
    The problem revolves around the TEV (Thermostatic expansion valve) valves sticking closed and starving the evaporator causing it to freeze and possibly damaging the compressor.
    We installed a new unit for a customer and are installing a new TEV on the unit for the third time. We have asked our supplier (Gemaire) to replace the unit as its had on going failures of the TEV since new. (2 months). They flat out said NO.
    After several calls to Rheem/ Ruud to address the problem they have failed to return any calls regarding this issue.
    Keep i mind they have an issue with their units and continue selling them everyday even when they don't know the cause.
    We are going to have to replace the unit for our customer at our expense.
    It wont let me upload the notice from Rheem/Ruud about the issue.............

Wow, 3 TX valves failing in a row? What are the chances?!

Factory contamination issue, wish i could upload the memo from Rheem/Ruud that came out today.

We were told by AC service company the valves are being clogged by an anti-corrosive protective coating on the condenser. The problem affects model 13AJN048 with Copeland scroll compressors. The valve must be replaced once it is clogged.

Has anyone had this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaPM View Post
    We were told by AC service company the valves are being clogged by an anti-corrosive protective coating on the condenser. The problem affects model 13AJN048 with Copeland scroll compressors. The valve must be replaced once it is clogged.

Has anyone had this problem?
    http://www.emersonclimate.com/en-us/...te-8-28-14.pdf

As mentioned check with tech support from your manufacturer. Different companies doing different repairs from replace gas valve etc to just put some Koolaid juice in it. They will probably pay you for your work too. If they don't start installing a different brand.
    Two wire hook up, three wire f**k up.

As the bulletin says, usually failures are with 3 ton and under units.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk