Heat N Glo 6000G ipi gas leak

Hey guys, I am working on a H&G 6000G ipi dv fireplace that has a pretty healthy gas leak that I cannot pinpoint. It leaks only in the on position and is too strong for leak solution and my Leakator 10 goes nuts when I light the main burner. It appears to be coming from somewhere in either the flex line coming out of the gas valve that connects to the main burner or from the burner itself. Has anyone else ran across this problem before?
    Thanks guys!!

PS, it is not coming from the valve or the flex line coming into the valve. I capped the exit of the valve and no leaks. It does not appear that anyone has "tinkered" with it before.
    Common sense is NOT common !!!

I've had a number of significant leaks in the valve compartment over the years such that it will disperse leak test solution before it can form a bubble film. If you cap the tubing inside the combustion chamber and it leaks in the valve compartment then your leak must be closer to the valve. Note those stainless steel flex tubes can be damaged such as by physical trauma or acid such as from washing down a masonry facing. Even if there is a hole in the floor pan of the combustion chamber, you should not be getting a significant amount of raw unburned gas detected in the valve compartment. If the gas train to the burner orifice does not leak when capped, pull the Firebrick burner and inspect it closely for cracks. While holding the burner up in the air and injecting compressed air such as from 'canned' air and using a TiCl4 smoke puffer around the burner, you will see the smoke disturbed by air blowing out of cracks.

HTH

Thanks Hearth man!!! I was hoping that I didn't have to remove the whole burner assembly.......that is less than fun!

Guess I'll fill the cuss jar!