Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    yes i have, these dont have a restrictor but the do have a gasket that tends to fall apart and to center the inducer over the opening is kinda tricky but all that looks good. i was there today so read my follow up see what think that way I don't have to type it so many times.

follow up...........first of all thank you to all for your feedback it has helped me a lot. so customer called today saying he found water on the floor near the furnace and water heater, the water heater is only 2 year old and I told them I would be right over (even though its my bday) hehe, because of course I assumed that I had forgoten to tighten a clam or to put back a hose or whatever but the top of the cabinet was bone dry and the water is dripping from the rail for the blower motor and I am assuming is carrying on the rail from just under the exchanger then to the front, now could the of been a hairline crack that just open up in the secondary HE I was not able to put my Combustion analizer on it but if water is leaking the exchanger its a no brainer right??

Sounds like you have a leak in the secondary heat exchanger.

Sounds like the 2nd heatchamber( looks like a finned coil ) is stopped up with lint or dirt, reduces airflow, causes excesive heat, but what do i know im just armchairing here

Just jumper it out and charge $495.00 . There problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by Roncool View Post
    Just jumper it out and charge $495.00 . There problem solved
    Bad day, huh?

that's what I was leaning towards but wanted to see if anybody had any thing similar that I could have of mis-interpreted. thank you!
    Last edited by frustraded tech; 12-10-2012 at 08:08 PM. Reason: grammar

jump what out?

Oh boy, I think he took you serious....

I forgot what the orinal problem was no I didn't, but I was confused about what he was talking about, it wouldn't do much for the puddle of water, either.

Quote Originally Posted by frustraded tech View Post
    follow up...........first of all thank you to all for your feedback it has helped me a lot. so customer called today saying he found water on the floor near the furnace and water heater, the water heater is only 2 year old and I told them I would be right over (even though its my bday) hehe, because of course I assumed that I had forgoten to tighten a clam or to put back a hose or whatever but the top of the cabinet was bone dry and the water is dripping from the rail for the blower motor and I am assuming is carrying on the rail from just under the exchanger then to the front, now could the of been a hairline crack that just open up in the secondary HE I was not able to put my Combustion analizer on it but if water is leaking the exchanger its a no brainer right??
    Stop assuming, and check the secondary with a good mirror and flashlight. Pull that blower motor and get your head right in there. The plastic secondary connection always cracks on these.

plastic? you mean collector box? that was inspected and look fine at the time. why would it be dry on top if that was leaking. I have also taken the blower and looked at the secondary (before the leak) and could see much but I was actually cheching that it was no plugged not for cracks.

Secondary HE will be replaced customer is debating about primary since it might not be under warranty.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast