Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

For you gun nuts

Seems Piers Morgan made the mistake of inviting Ted Nugent to his show and talking about guns... <grin>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYbmm-4uSp0

GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Atta boy Ted!
    " Kill a Commie for Mommy! "

- Colonel David Hackworth (1930-2005), Korean War Vet

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Atta boy Ted!
    Probably not our best spokesman, but may God bless his silly arse.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

So was Ted’s solution was to build more prisons and lock up more people? All at the cost of $150K/yr prison guards with the sweetest pensions around.

I would have liked to see then discuss the subject for about another hour because after Ted was through with his talking points he would ‘run out of ammunition’. And when backed against the wall Ted would just raise his voice to impress his followers.

I liked how Pierce wasn’t shaken one bit by Ted’s unstable antics. Given enough time Pierce would mince him. But before that happened Ted would probably come across the table and beat him up.

While Im not a fan of ted nugent. Never liked his music and he is a pedophile.... but that aside....

He is right about 1 thing...... a lot of crime in this country is the fault of the government. On a daily basis we release some of the meanest and most violent people in america back out into the public.....all beause we just dont have the prison space to house them.

We should be executing violent criminals instead of holding them in a cage for a few years and then letting them back out to get their revenge on society. And Im not talking about murderers....Im talking about all criminals who turn to violence.... child abusers, robbers who beat their victims...people who physically assault others...

Just take em out and shoot them would end that problem right then and there.....but we have been conditioned into believing that throwing them in a cage will somehow teach them a lesson.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    While Im not a fan of ted nugent. Never liked his music and he is a pedophile.... but that aside....

He is right about 1 thing...... a lot of crime in this country is the fault of the government. On a daily basis we release some of the meanest and most violent people in america back out into the public.....all beause we just dont have the prison space to house them.

We should be executing violent criminals instead of holding them in a cage for a few years and then letting them back out to get their revenge on society. And Im not talking about murderers....Im talking about all criminals who turn to violence.... child abusers, robbers who beat their victims...people who physically assault others...

Just take em out and shoot them would end that problem right then and there.....but we have been conditioned into believing that throwing them in a cage will somehow teach them a lesson.
    Shooting them isn’t very realistic but decriminalizing drugs so we can let those non-violent drug users out to make space for violent criminals is a more obtainable solution.

It’s too bad that our government makes so much money on keeping drugs illegal. Maybe the Right needs to give a little in that area? I'm sure Ted would agree because he looks like he snorted some coke before the interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Shooting them isn’t very realistic but decriminalizing drugs so we can let those non-violent drug users out to make space for violent criminals is a more obtainable solution.

It’s too bad that our government makes so much money on keeping drugs illegal. Maybe the Right needs to give a little in that area? I'm sure Ted would agree because he looks like he snorted some coke before the interview.
    Actually Ted N is very anti drug usage as well.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

So was Ted’s solution was to build more prisons and lock up more people? All at the cost of $150K/yr prison guards with the sweetest pensions around.

I would have liked to see then discuss the subject for about another hour because after Ted was through with his talking points he would ‘run out of ammunition’. And when backed against the wall Ted would just raise his voice to impress his followers.

I liked how Pierce wasn’t shaken one bit by Ted’s unstable antics. Given enough time Pierce would mince him. But before that happened Ted would probably come across the table and beat him up.
    Brian, I do not think you understand what Ted was saying, let me explain:

A person is making a CHOICE when they commit a crime... the choice has been made in their mind (or god forbid their emotions... knee jerk reaction) before the behavior happens.

Now lets think this out: Does this person consciously choose to go after someone that is capable of resisting their criminal intent? Of course not. They go after someone where the crime is easy and quick, and hopefully profitable... not much different than business folk (no businessfolk are not criminals)... they define their market and serve it.
    Now lets put ourselves in the mind of the criminal for a minute: Would I go after someone if I knew they were dis-armed and vulnerable... or would I go after someone I knew was armed and dangerous to my crime, OR... would the potential for the victim being armed and dangerous to my criminal intent deter me from going after that person... and simply move on to the next person who would be less likely to resist?

We all know the answer... the criminal will go after the EASIEST PREY.

Now lets introduce CCW (concealed carry of weapons) into the picture: The criminal knows city A has CCW permits... the criminal knows city B does not allow private ownership of guns... which city do you think the criminal will commit the crime? DUH... the place without the guns, obviously the city with the least danger to his criminal intent.

It is not as much the actual gun (brandishing the weapon or actually shooting his sorry worthless ass) that deters the criminal... rather it is the fear of not knowing if there is danger to the criminal attempting the crime. Of the few who take that chance... some learn the HARD way (REAL Americans are great teachers... )... and the news of that hard learned lesson deters MANY other crimes.

GA's opinion: If someone chooses to attempt a crime with a life-threatening weapon... they deserve whatever happens to them. While a crime is in the process of being committed; Law abiding citizen's rights take prescidence over criminal's rights.

Now to the prisons issue: First... criminals would head to places where crime was easier... Let them. If liberal local govts (and the local citizens who elected them) think defenseless citizens are safer... let them EXPERIENCE that choice. AND along the same reasoning; local govts to were elected by folks who believe armed citizens provide a safer environment (documented by endless studies worldwide), let them do so.
    It is called 'states rights'... something federal govts HATE... it stops them in their pursuit of power at the citizen's expense.

We need to remember: Gun control is NOT about safety of citizens... it is about govt CONTROL of citizens.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Brian, I do not think you understand what Ted was saying, let me explain:

A person is making a CHOICE when they commit a crime... the choice has been made in their mind (or god forbid their emotions... knee jerk reaction) before the behavior happens.

Now lets think this out: Does this person consciously choose to go after someone that is capable of resisting their criminal intent? Of course not. They go after someone where the crime is easy and quick, and hopefully profitable... not much different than business folk (no businessfolk are not criminals)... they define their market and serve it.
    Now lets put ourselves in the mind of the criminal for a minute: Would I go after someone if I knew they were dis-armed and vulnerable... or would I go after someone I knew was armed and dangerous to my crime, OR... would the potential for the victim being armed and dangerous to my criminal intent deter me from going after that person... and simply move on to the next person who would be less likely to resist?

We all know the answer... the criminal will go after the EASIEST PREY.

Now lets introduce CCW (concealed carry of weapons) into the picture: The criminal knows city A has CCW permits... the criminal knows city B does not allow private ownership of guns... which city do you think the criminal will commit the crime? DUH... the place without the guns, obviously the city with the least danger to his criminal intent.

It is not as much the actual gun (brandishing the weapon or actually shooting his sorry worthless ass) that deters the criminal... rather it is the fear of not knowing if there is danger to the criminal attempting the crime. Of the few who take that chance... some learn the HARD way (REAL Americans are great teachers... )... and the news of that hard learned lesson deters MANY other crimes.

GA's opinion: If someone chooses to attempt a crime with a life-threatening weapon... they deserve whatever happens to them. While a crime is in the process of being committed; Law abiding citizen's rights take prescidence over criminal's rights.

Now to the prisons issue: First... criminals would head to places where crime was easier... Let them. If liberal local govts (and the local citizens who elected them) think defenseless citizens are safer... let them EXPERIENCE that choice. AND along the same reasoning; local govts to were elected by folks who believe armed citizens provide a safer environment (documented by endless studies worldwide), let them do so.
    It is called 'states rights'... something federal govts HATE... it stops them in their pursuit of power at the citizen's expense.

We need to remember: Gun control is NOT about safety of citizens... it is about govt CONTROL of citizens.

You didn’t address Ted’s “lock em up” statement.

I live in LA where at least half of the population is unintelligent, unstable, law-abiding people. I would hate to see what would happen if they all decided to care a loaded gun.

What you say about criminals selecting their targets is true, but the discussion doesn’t end there.

I think that eliminating the bad people in our soiety is the only solution to the violence and criminal behavior that plaques this country.

You can decriminalize drugs and empty the jails....but thats only going to work for so long...

We need to stem the violence on the streets....and we just cant keep building prisons to house those violent sacks of dog doo....

Killing them is the best option... Probably not the most "christian" answer.... but it is a solution that ends the problem once and for all.

A dead man dont get released to harm anyone else....
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    I think that eliminating the bad people in our soiety is the only solution to the violence and criminal behavior that plaques this country.

You can decriminalize drugs and empty the jails....but thats only going to work for so long...

We need to stem the violence on the streets....and we just cant keep building prisons to house those violent sacks of dog doo....

Killing them is the best option... Probably not the most "christian" answer.... but it is a solution that ends the problem once and for all.

A dead man dont get released to harm anyone else....
    For that to be a solution we would have to kill a thousand times more criminals than we do now. That's as likely as God coming down from the heavens to solve this problem for us.

You didn’t address Ted’s “lock em up” statement.

I live in LA where at least half of the population is unintelligent, unstable, law-abiding people. I would hate to see what would happen if they all decided to care a loaded gun.

What you say about criminals selecting their targets is true, but the discussion doesn’t end there.
    This is where you and I disagree.... It DOES end there. After a few examples of the criminal being DRT (what radio talking head Neil Boortz calls 'dead right there'... )... the criminals would get the message. Most would either quit the crimes... or move to a place where it was 'easier' to get away with crimes.

However; you did not address my whole post: If the voters in the city of LA choose to elect folks who believe unarmed citizens makes for a safer place... that is their choice. However:
    DO NOT impose that view on the citizens of Atlanta, where we have CCW permits and criminals are smart enough to not attempt a crime against someone... simply because they DO NOT KNOW if that person is carrying or not... in other words... will the criminal get shot or will he get loot?

Brian, it really IS that simple... regardless of the lies the liberal press tells.

The truth of the matter is (as noted in my previous post): Govts could care less about your safety... they push gun control to disarm you so they can control you. Nothing more and nothing less. When folks open their eyes to how corrupt govts are... we will start on the road to fixing the problems.

OK, I will address the lock-em-up thing also: Ever read about Sheriff Joe Arpiao in Arizona? The guy who keeps his prisoners in tents in the blazing sun and makes the men wear pink undies and socks... Yeah, that guy, the one the press vilifies. Do you know why Sheriff Joe does what he does? It is simple and Joe says it repeatedly... just the media does not report it: "Prison should be the WORST experience a person ever has, and it should be SOOO bad, the person NEVER wants to come back... so they think twice about committing another crime."

Pampering criminals does not deter crime... there needs to be a BIG and SERIOUSLY NEGATIVE price for committing a crime. Sheriff Joe understands... do you?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast