Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 21

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,772

    For you gun nuts

    Seems Piers Morgan made the mistake of inviting Ted Nugent to his show and talking about guns... <grin>

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYbmm-4uSp0


    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    18,223
    Atta boy Ted!
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    10,493
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Atta boy Ted!
    Probably not our best spokesman, but may God bless his silly arse.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "I say we just nuke them from space, that is the only way to be sure". Winch from ALIENS, forgot her name.

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    My front door is locked. For your personal protection.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,749
    So was Ted’s solution was to build more prisons and lock up more people? All at the cost of $150K/yr prison guards with the sweetest pensions around.

    I would have liked to see then discuss the subject for about another hour because after Ted was through with his talking points he would ‘run out of ammunition’. And when backed against the wall Ted would just raise his voice to impress his followers.

    I liked how Pierce wasn’t shaken one bit by Ted’s unstable antics. Given enough time Pierce would mince him. But before that happened Ted would probably come across the table and beat him up.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    So was Ted’s solution was to build more prisons and lock up more people? All at the cost of $150K/yr prison guards with the sweetest pensions around.

    I would have liked to see then discuss the subject for about another hour because after Ted was through with his talking points he would ‘run out of ammunition’. And when backed against the wall Ted would just raise his voice to impress his followers.

    I liked how Pierce wasn’t shaken one bit by Ted’s unstable antics. Given enough time Pierce would mince him. But before that happened Ted would probably come across the table and beat him up.
    Brian, I do not think you understand what Ted was saying, let me explain:

    A person is making a CHOICE when they commit a crime... the choice has been made in their mind (or god forbid their emotions... knee jerk reaction) before the behavior happens.

    Now lets think this out: Does this person consciously choose to go after someone that is capable of resisting their criminal intent? Of course not. They go after someone where the crime is easy and quick, and hopefully profitable... not much different than business folk (no businessfolk are not criminals)... they define their market and serve it.
    Now lets put ourselves in the mind of the criminal for a minute: Would I go after someone if I knew they were dis-armed and vulnerable... or would I go after someone I knew was armed and dangerous to my crime, OR... would the potential for the victim being armed and dangerous to my criminal intent deter me from going after that person... and simply move on to the next person who would be less likely to resist?

    We all know the answer... the criminal will go after the EASIEST PREY.

    Now lets introduce CCW (concealed carry of weapons) into the picture: The criminal knows city A has CCW permits... the criminal knows city B does not allow private ownership of guns... which city do you think the criminal will commit the crime? DUH... the place without the guns, obviously the city with the least danger to his criminal intent.

    It is not as much the actual gun (brandishing the weapon or actually shooting his sorry worthless ass) that deters the criminal... rather it is the fear of not knowing if there is danger to the criminal attempting the crime. Of the few who take that chance... some learn the HARD way (REAL Americans are great teachers... )... and the news of that hard learned lesson deters MANY other crimes.

    GA's opinion: If someone chooses to attempt a crime with a life-threatening weapon... they deserve whatever happens to them. While a crime is in the process of being committed; Law abiding citizen's rights take prescidence over criminal's rights.

    Now to the prisons issue: First... criminals would head to places where crime was easier... Let them. If liberal local govts (and the local citizens who elected them) think defenseless citizens are safer... let them EXPERIENCE that choice. AND along the same reasoning; local govts to were elected by folks who believe armed citizens provide a safer environment (documented by endless studies worldwide), let them do so.
    It is called 'states rights'... something federal govts HATE... it stops them in their pursuit of power at the citizen's expense.

    We need to remember: Gun control is NOT about safety of citizens... it is about govt CONTROL of citizens.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,749
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Brian, I do not think you understand what Ted was saying, let me explain:

    A person is making a CHOICE when they commit a crime... the choice has been made in their mind (or god forbid their emotions... knee jerk reaction) before the behavior happens.

    Now lets think this out: Does this person consciously choose to go after someone that is capable of resisting their criminal intent? Of course not. They go after someone where the crime is easy and quick, and hopefully profitable... not much different than business folk (no businessfolk are not criminals)... they define their market and serve it.
    Now lets put ourselves in the mind of the criminal for a minute: Would I go after someone if I knew they were dis-armed and vulnerable... or would I go after someone I knew was armed and dangerous to my crime, OR... would the potential for the victim being armed and dangerous to my criminal intent deter me from going after that person... and simply move on to the next person who would be less likely to resist?

    We all know the answer... the criminal will go after the EASIEST PREY.

    Now lets introduce CCW (concealed carry of weapons) into the picture: The criminal knows city A has CCW permits... the criminal knows city B does not allow private ownership of guns... which city do you think the criminal will commit the crime? DUH... the place without the guns, obviously the city with the least danger to his criminal intent.

    It is not as much the actual gun (brandishing the weapon or actually shooting his sorry worthless ass) that deters the criminal... rather it is the fear of not knowing if there is danger to the criminal attempting the crime. Of the few who take that chance... some learn the HARD way (REAL Americans are great teachers... )... and the news of that hard learned lesson deters MANY other crimes.

    GA's opinion: If someone chooses to attempt a crime with a life-threatening weapon... they deserve whatever happens to them. While a crime is in the process of being committed; Law abiding citizen's rights take prescidence over criminal's rights.

    Now to the prisons issue: First... criminals would head to places where crime was easier... Let them. If liberal local govts (and the local citizens who elected them) think defenseless citizens are safer... let them EXPERIENCE that choice. AND along the same reasoning; local govts to were elected by folks who believe armed citizens provide a safer environment (documented by endless studies worldwide), let them do so.
    It is called 'states rights'... something federal govts HATE... it stops them in their pursuit of power at the citizen's expense.

    We need to remember: Gun control is NOT about safety of citizens... it is about govt CONTROL of citizens.

    You didn’t address Ted’s “lock em up” statement.

    I live in LA where at least half of the population is unintelligent, unstable, law-abiding people. I would hate to see what would happen if they all decided to care a loaded gun.

    What you say about criminals selecting their targets is true, but the discussion doesn’t end there.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    8,283
    While Im not a fan of ted nugent. Never liked his music and he is a pedophile.... but that aside....

    He is right about 1 thing...... a lot of crime in this country is the fault of the government. On a daily basis we release some of the meanest and most violent people in america back out into the public.....all beause we just dont have the prison space to house them.

    We should be executing violent criminals instead of holding them in a cage for a few years and then letting them back out to get their revenge on society. And Im not talking about murderers....Im talking about all criminals who turn to violence.... child abusers, robbers who beat their victims...people who physically assault others...

    Just take em out and shoot them would end that problem right then and there.....but we have been conditioned into believing that throwing them in a cage will somehow teach them a lesson.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,749
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    While Im not a fan of ted nugent. Never liked his music and he is a pedophile.... but that aside....

    He is right about 1 thing...... a lot of crime in this country is the fault of the government. On a daily basis we release some of the meanest and most violent people in america back out into the public.....all beause we just dont have the prison space to house them.

    We should be executing violent criminals instead of holding them in a cage for a few years and then letting them back out to get their revenge on society. And Im not talking about murderers....Im talking about all criminals who turn to violence.... child abusers, robbers who beat their victims...people who physically assault others...

    Just take em out and shoot them would end that problem right then and there.....but we have been conditioned into believing that throwing them in a cage will somehow teach them a lesson.
    Shooting them isn’t very realistic but decriminalizing drugs so we can let those non-violent drug users out to make space for violent criminals is a more obtainable solution.

    It’s too bad that our government makes so much money on keeping drugs illegal. Maybe the Right needs to give a little in that area? I'm sure Ted would agree because he looks like he snorted some coke before the interview.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    10,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Shooting them isn’t very realistic but decriminalizing drugs so we can let those non-violent drug users out to make space for violent criminals is a more obtainable solution.

    It’s too bad that our government makes so much money on keeping drugs illegal. Maybe the Right needs to give a little in that area? I'm sure Ted would agree because he looks like he snorted some coke before the interview.
    Actually Ted N is very anti drug usage as well.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "I say we just nuke them from space, that is the only way to be sure". Winch from ALIENS, forgot her name.

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    My front door is locked. For your personal protection.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Posts
    2,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Shooting them isn’t very realistic but decriminalizing drugs so we can let those non-violent drug users out to make space for violent criminals is a more obtainable solution.

    It’s too bad that our government makes so much money on keeping drugs illegal. Maybe the Right needs to give a little in that area? I'm sure Ted would agree because he looks like he snorted some coke before the interview.
    What is the difference between a libertarian and a country club republican? You are both fiscally conservative, but you don't want moral issues on the platform. What is the difference between you and Karl Rove--except I'm guessing KR doesn't smoke pot, but I don't know for sure. Thanks.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    What is the difference between a libertarian and a country club republican? You are both fiscally conservative, but you don't want moral issues on the platform. What is the difference between you and Karl Rove--except I'm guessing KR doesn't smoke pot, but I don't know for sure. Thanks.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU-8Uz_nMaQ
    FEN

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,772
    Quote Originally Posted by the mojo View Post
    Not a bad explanation... however there is one BIG flaw:

    What the hi-brow guy is describing is

    Libertarianism.. NO liberalism. There is a HUGE difference.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,772
    Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    What is the difference between a libertarian and a country club republican? You are both fiscally conservative, but you don't want moral issues on the platform. What is the difference between you and Karl Rove--except I'm guessing KR doesn't smoke pot, but I don't know for sure. Thanks.
    The CC Rep and KR are more greedy (and willing to deceitfully take from anyone to gain) than the libertarian...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event