Confused Infinity Control Furnace Staging

What is theory behind letting the SYSTEM determine furnace staging and allowing the FURNACE algorithm to control staging. Additionally, when is either setting best indicated to implement?

So dealers can lower their bid by leaving the old round stat behind.

Actually I hate seeing a board stage, even one with logic. Only a stat knows what the temp is, setpont, trend and can have the furnace respond according to real comfort needs of the house.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

i cant imagine many scenerios where you have an infinity controller installed and not let it control staging. maybe if you had an aftermarket zone control.

what are you getting at, the furnace is too slow to respond or too quick to respond ?
    the infinity control has the best algorithems of all the manufactors.
    luck dan

Forgot to mention that I have no intention of changing any settings that may cause undesirable results and conditions.

The furnace ignites and blower ramps up within acceptable time after the inducer begins. The high stage running at full bore is awesome. However, does the furnace data and formulas ever need to bypass certain functions of the controller?
    Last edited by Caleb; 12-08-2012 at 03:08 PM. Reason: double post

Quote Originally Posted by motoguy128 View Post
    i cant imagine many scenerios where you have an infinity controller installed and not let it control staging. maybe if you had an aftermarket zone control.
    In addition to Hi, Med and Low, there are the two other stages that can be set with the ICS. I agree, allowing the control take over would seem the better choice. Must be why it is the default setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
    The furnace ignites and blower ramps up within acceptable time after the inducer begins. The high stage running at full bore is awesome. However, does the furnace data and formulas ever need to bypass certain functions of the controller?
    No its a fully integrated system.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum, and only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise here. Please apply to the AOPC today, thank you.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Further infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Last edited by beenthere; 12-10-2012 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Non Pro * Member

I think the newer Infinity controllers use the outdoors sensor on the Infinity condenser, if installed... at least mine does. It also displays coil temp, so while not as good as hte actual sat. refrigerant temp, you can still use that info to gauge you can roughly guage approach temps so you know if the coil is getting dirty. The condenser if a heat pump, I think would use that info to decide when to go into defrost. WIth stright AC, I think it will use coil temp for low ambient operation.

remtre5, this is the Ask Our Pro's forum, and only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise here. Please apply to the AOPC today, thank you.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Your post has been deleted.
    Further infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?