Hybrid View

Ruud Defrost problem

I was looking at my friends heat pump because he said it was running all the time. I started at the fan relay and tstat no problems there. I was checking out the outside unit and noticed when it goes int defrost mode the fan didn't stop. I checked voltage to the reversing valve at the board and didn't have 24v. I pulled the disconnect and put it back in and the system started fine. Suction line was hot everything was good. I put it in defrost mode manually and the fan stopped reversing valve moved like its supposed to and had 24v to the reversing valve coil. I let it run normally and when it went in defrost mode on its own same thing happened, reversing valve moved but did not change back over and fan didn't stop. Anyone seen anything like this before, because I sure haven't? I'm thinking replace the board but I sure would like some suggestions.

Are you a HVAC professional? If so, get your post count up and apply for a professional membership. This kinda technical information is not provided in the open forums. This is not a DIY site.

If your not a pro, call one before you harm yourself, others, or the HVAC equipment.

Sorry, I just signed up and haven't figured it all out. I'll try and change my status. Thanks

You can't change your status. You need o have 15 post. And then apply for pro membership, if your in the trade.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Thanks for the help, I'm pickn up what your puttn down now.

if it is a demand defrost board they are a weak link .
    We really need change now

Thanks catmanacman.