Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 30
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    17
    Post Likes

    Confused connecting power to heat strip

    I have a HKR-20C strip for Goodman 4 ton package heat pump. The instructions are not real clear about connecting power.
    Says connect to terminal blocks. DO I use a jumper from block 1 to block 3 then 2 to 4?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    172
    Post Likes
    No

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    17
    Post Likes
    I only have two power wires for the 240v

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,887
    Post Likes
    High voltage is dangerous so dangerous, Do not attemp install or repair without calling a reputable hvac company.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    3,733
    Post Likes
    This is not a DIY forum. We can't help you with this. Sorry

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    17
    Post Likes
    I got a Professional to install..I get home from work, now fan runs all the time..bad luck for me

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,887
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by man00 View Post
    I got a Professional to install..I get home from work, now fan runs all the time..bad luck for me
    Just because you got a company to install it does not mean it is proffesional. With that lets say it was done proffesionally things do go wrong with equipment so why would you try to repair it by yourself? It should be under warranty by instal company.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    3,733
    Post Likes
    make sure your"Fan" setting on thermostat is not set to "ON" instead of "AUTO". If it's on "ON" then the fan will run continuously.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    5,163
    Post Likes
    hope they installed 2 60 amp services .

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Moore, Oklahoma, United States
    Posts
    4,633
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by toocoolforschool View Post
    Just because you got a company to install it does not mean it is proffesional. With that lets say it was done proffesionally things do go wrong with equipment so why would you try to repair it by yourself? It should be under warranty by instal company.
    +1

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Oh
    Posts
    5,697
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by man00 View Post
    I have a HKR-20C strip for Goodman 4 ton package heat pump. The instructions are not real clear about connecting power.
    Says connect to terminal blocks. DO I use a jumper from block 1 to block 3 then 2 to 4?
    If your unsure about the way your contractor installed something, you can post a picture of it, and we can tell you if it was installed correctly.

    We cannot help you DIY this though. If the point of your vist is to fix it yourself, then your out of luck. Do not expect any steps in fixing any problem, other than to call your installing contractor.

    What I will say, is there are certain applications where what it seems your describing is allowed, provided certain parts are used.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

    "Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

    "Just get it done son."

    Dad adjusted

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Posts
    6,056
    Post Likes
    20 KW? ??

    Hope your electric meter is bolted down so it doesn't spin off the wall!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    17
    Post Likes
    all is fine now..the strip was wired wrong from factory..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor MagazineThe place where Electrical professionals meet.
Comfortech365 Virtual Event