Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

United burned down

Our united refrigeration had what looks to me like a pretty bad fire. Never thought about where to get stuff if this would happen.

Post Likes
    Johnstone

Post Likes
    I wish that would happen to my van,I might have to be driving it when it happens.So the insurance co. won't question it!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Galt View Post
    Our united refrigeration had what looks to me like a pretty bad fire. Never thought about where to get stuff if this would happen.
    You must live somewhere by me. I'm in Eau Claire.

I had some stuff there that was on will-call that was destroyed in the fire.

A guy from United headquarters called me this morning and said they would ship my parts to me UPS from the warehouse.

Post Likes
    Imagine how spectacular it would have been if it was at this supply shop in Pekin IL that keeps jugs and jugs of big propane tanks on the sales floor.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanHas View Post
    Imagine how spectacular it would have been if it was at this supply shop in Pekin IL that keeps jugs and jugs of big propane tanks on the sales floor.
    I know what you mean.

Our united has pallets and pallets of refrigerant in stock. Can you imagine if they had a bunch of hydrocarbons?

I probably would have felt the earthquake at my house when all that stuff blew, lol

Post Likes
    Wow, the building is pretty much destroyed.

There's a fire station about a block down the street from there, but the fire started in the middle of the night and it was probably burning for quite a while before anyone noticed and called 911

http://www.weau.com/home/headlines/C...291241831.html

Post Likes
    About 10 years ago we had a tornado that severely damaged a united electric. Surprisingly they had a temporary location opened up within a week, so it's pretty incredible what some of these supply companies are capable of.
    Still sucks though, all those tools, parts and supplies never to be used
    At least nobody got hurt

Post Likes
    Imagine what it takes to enter that to fight a fire. All those compressed gasses, that can either explode (from combustion or extreme pressure), or rupture, becoming deadly missiles.

My hat's off to those guys.

10. Likes zw17 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    All orders are being taken care of, and are being handled by our St Paul branch ... If you need anything, the URI Phone is being routed to the St Paul branch and they are bringing items over every day. Please continue to utilize for your needs, we will be able to take care of you.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanHas View Post
    that was 10 miles from me

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garychance View Post
    that was 10 miles from me
    Not the store front, but oh yeah, that company did blow up one of the production facilities a few years back.

Did you get to see the destruction in person?

Post Likes
    That's not good at all. What is going to happen to the guys who worked there?
    If you can't fix it with JB Weld, Duct Tape, and Ty Wire it has to be replaced.
    No good deed goes unpunished.
    If you want to take off friday to go fishing then make sure you train your helper right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast