Question air handler condensating??? HELP

I had a Gibson central air conitioning system installed in Oct.2011 the air handler is located in my attic and compressor is outside . the main trunk is metal and insulated and branch lines are insulated flex . I used it a couple of times that fall then closed up for the season when I started up in 2012 around may or june I noticed not as much air as there was in oct. so I called installer he found unit all wet full of condensation and fan was corroded .I had closed off all vents and put insulation foam board in return to keep heat out of unit during winter months . we had to replace air handler no one could figure out why it was all wet from condensation . so I installed a roof fan that runs on temp and humidity to control the space in the attic I also made magnetic covers for supply vents to keep warm air out during the heating months. The new unit ran fine all of the 2012 season . I closed up again fall of 2012 this time I used the magnetic covers, kept the attic fan running and insulated return in hopes not to repeat the problem . I just checked unit again and found it all wet from condensation fan is dripping, pan has water in it from all of the moisture . Has anyone ever seen this problem before if so how can i solve it I don't want to have to replace again this year i have not had a troulbe free startup yet. installer was frustrated and had a hard time getting replacement fan unit from the company they said it was not their falt unit was wet it was the space it was in.Please help????

sorry, didnt know i cant post
    Last edited by harry54; 03-22-2013 at 01:27 AM. Reason: cant post

Have a fan cycler installed to turn the blower on for 15 minutes every couple of hours a day.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

any chance you have an indoor pool in the house?
    The TRUE highest cost system is the system not installed properly...
    The three big summer hearththrobs...
    Mel Gibson
    Dwane Johnson
    The A/C repairman

Is the unit cycling while everything is blocked that would definatly cause condensation probs.
    My name is TooCoolforschool and I am a chronic over charger.

Quote Originally Posted by vstech View Post
    any chance you have an indoor pool in the house?
    LOL! I have actually come across a situation where a large hot tub was installed in a breezeway that was then enclosed to become part of the house.

When the cooling system suddenly could not keep up, it was a good thing that they left the patio doors in place so they could close off the hot tub area from the rest of the house during the cooling season.

No pool

Unit is completely shut down I live in newengland no need in winter months I turn breakers off close up all vents block up return and cover all supply vents . . Just disconnected 12" return duct got about 1 1/2 gallons of water out of line . I Made another cover to block off 12" duct at return and left the covers off the side of the fan coil unit if any heat gets up there now at least it won't get trapped inside fan unit . I just can't believe that other people in this area have to go to these extremes in winter months to prevent this from happening

Has to be heat getting up into duct and condensating in line my attic is just as cold as outside temp any heat would cause moisture in that condition but I know people that have similar install and they do nothing some do not even close vents and they have no problem ?? I have had issues from day one !!

Quote Originally Posted by Vach55 View Post
    Has to be heat getting up into duct and condensating in line my attic is just as cold as outside temp any heat would cause moisture in that condition but I know people that have similar install and they do nothing some do not even close vents and they have no problem ?? I have had issues from day one !!
    You just answered your own question. You have more humidity in the house that is getting into the ductwork and being lowered in temperature below the dewpoint of the air in the ducting. Since keeping the humidid air out is not working, let the blower run daily to circulate the humid air out of the system. Either that, or find out what is making the ducting cool enough to reach dewpoint or why there is so much humidity getting into the ducting.