Honeywell R-22 Training

Went to a training seminar put on by Johnstone Supply the other day on 422D and r-407F and other blends by Honeywell. They gave out a free voucher for a free cylinder of your choice. Pretty Cool, they even fed us!

My take is it is a lot more complicated to retrofit R-22 to the new blends. They said there really is no true "drop in" refrigerants made, with out changing over to a different oil and possible changing or adjusting TXV's.

I really don't think the Air Conditioning side will do much with changing over to the 422D refrigerant, as most R-22 equipment such as heat pumps and air conditioners it would be more value for the customer to just upgrade to 410A. I would want to try and sell a new system over doing a retrofit. My personnel opinion.

Were I see the 422D and R-404F being used is in Supermarkets,Warehouses and other large refrigeration systems. Were the capital cost of changing
    to updated systems would be not be viable.

I am in the Residential side of the business and here in Florida we can only legally install matched systems so the Dry Ships around here are typically being permitted. So using it for dry ships would not work for me.

Are any of you using it for small systems such as heat pumps or Air Conditioners?

Thanks
    Jerry

I think you missed the point of replacement refrigerants for r22. It's not for residential, it's for commercial.

For example. there are many many commercial locations, especially in retail, where you have an air handler installed in such a way that it would involve shutting down the store to change that component. These people are going to want to continue to use their r22 a equipment.

That's what I mentioned in my thread about using it in supermarkets and large refrigeration applications. I was curious if you guys have used it in a residential application? I hate to get a jug of this stuff and not use it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Solutions Heating and Air, Inc. Jacksonville, Florida "Solutions for All Your HVAC Needs"

I'm not talking about supermarkets. I'm talking about retail stores in malls who have their own AC units, and which are often split systems.

With rooftop units it's not really an issue.

I've seen exactly one rooftop unit with 407c in it.

It was a new Trane unit.

R-22 is going to be around for a long, long time.

Bought my first can of 407c today. I'll probably use half tomorrow and drive the rest of it around for the rest of my days.
    ENJOY THE RIDE