Glad I could help...NOT!!!

As some of you may know by following the forums I had surgery. I am presently going to physical therapy. Last week I had a substitute therapist. We got to talking. He was a carpenter in a previous life and got into healthcare when the construction bottom fell out. At some point in time, he didn't pay his mortgage for 6 months, which qualified him for some "reassesment". They put his deliquent payments on the backside of the loan. OK fine, no big deal. Then he tells me he just got a call from his bank. The "tax payer funded help the deadbeat act" is going to payoff $80,000 principal on his house note. WTF!!! In my estimates, that's probably the hit in depreciation he took since the housing bubble burst, because that's about what I lost on my house. It doesn't pay to pay the bills.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

It was working when I left...
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post

As some of you may know by following the forums I had surgery. I am presently going to physical therapy. Last week I had a substitute therapist. We got to talking. He was a carpenter in a previous life and got into healthcare when the construction bottom fell out. At some point in time, he didn't pay his mortgage for 6 months, which qualified him for some "reassesment". They put his deliquent payments on the backside of the loan. OK fine, no big deal. Then he tells me he just got a call from his bank. The "tax payer funded help the deadbeat act" is going to payoff $80,000 principal on his house note. WTF!!! In my estimates, that's probably the hit in depreciation he took since the housing bubble burst, because that's about what I lost on my house. It doesn't pay to pay the bills.
    That story sounds fishy, yet I am still thinking it might be better to switch to substance farming and cash sales and get freebies rather than actually working for a living. Not trying to be lazy, but not trying to be stupid either.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"Ain't nobody got time for that". Corny