Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by nchvac View Post
    I am tired of waiting a week to get a part for Trane and Carrier. Twice I have been told that txvs are 2 months out at Carrier. That is absolute bull crap. If you have something under warranty you should have the parts.
    Amen, brother !!

My local Heil distributor is also a "stocking Copeland distributor"....I've witnessed multiple occasions, where a "dealer" had a bad compressor in warranty, and they had the compressor in stock...but they wouldn't let the dealer have it, because it wasn't "ICP warranty stock".

Oh sure, they'll SELL it to you, but you still have to wait a week for the warranty compressor to come from ICP...and then you'll have one of your very own in stock....at your shop, on your dime.....unless you want to make your warranty customer wait a week....and you know where that will get YOU
    Technical incompetence is NOT a sales tool....

I know which supply house chain you refer too. I used to go in and pick up compressors 3 or 4 at a time for home warranty company work (ahs) while guys like you got stuck waiting. Sorry John. I agree its not right. People that deal in the equipment that a supply house sells SHOULD get priority over someone like me.

I think they call that process dielectric
    galvanic corrosion Name:  emot-science.gif
Views: 151
Size:  775 Bytes

Sometimes the warranty might be different. We install mostly Ruud. Lifetime warranty on heat exchanger. Weathering is the same thing, a little cheaper and I think 20 years on the heat exchanger. Other than that....same unit.
    I used to work at carrier in Syracuse NY back in the '80's. when we switched from Carrier to Bryant, the only things we changed out were the data tags and the badges. The actual units sat on the assembly line while we changed them.
    With that said though, be careful because there is some junk out there.
    once you think you know everything, you'll never learn another thing!

Quote Originally Posted by ddalberto View Post
    Sometimes the warranty might be different. We install mostly Ruud. Lifetime warranty on heat exchanger. Weathering is the same thing, a little cheaper and I think 20 years on the heat exchanger. Other than that....same unit.
    I used to work at carrier in Syracuse NY back in the '80's. when we switched from Carrier to Bryant, the only things we changed out were the data tags and the badges. The actual units sat on the assembly line while we changed them.
    With that said though, be careful because there is some junk out there.
    I had a Rheem unit this spring with a bad heat exchanger. Horizontal unit in a crawlspace with a right hand supply and exhaust coming out of the left. Called to get a replacement xchanger and they no longer make the furnace or xchanger, even though it was in the warranty period of 20 years. How can they legally do that? So instead of getting a heat exchanger they gave them $275 toward a new RHEEM unit of their choice. I don't think that is right. If it is under warranty then the parts should be available.

I am told that Carrier has already stoped carrying some of thier 2 stage compressors. I think Carrier does too much R&D. I like companies that find something that works and sticks with it. Change is good, but you don't have to change everything at one freeking time.
    The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing!

If "the grass is greener on the other side", it likely has been fertilized with Bull$hit!

I am told that Carrier has already stoped carrying some of thier 2 stage compressors. I think Carrier does too much R&D. I like companies that find something that works and sticks with it. Change is good, but you don't have to change everything at one freeking time.
    I won't miss those Bryant compressors one bit.....
    Technical incompetence is NOT a sales tool....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345